Friday, September 20, 2013

Baby W is 9 Months Old!


Happy 9 months!  I say it every time and I know everyone is so tired of hearing it, but I just cannot believe how fast this is happening.  I think back to when we were in the hospital, when we brought you home for the first time, how Addie was so excited to meet you and then howled when you cried, how we had to Face Time with family on Christmas because we couldn’t leave the house… it all seems like ages ago and we’ve both learned so much since then.  I’ve been putting off planning your first birthday because I don’t want to believe that you’ll actually be one soon. 

On to the 9 month update: Not only did you get your first tooth, you got your first four teeth!!!  I guess you’re just an overachiever and went for all four at the same time.  It happened over a 2 week period and you’ve been amazing.  We had one rough night and a few cranky periods, but you’ve handled it remarkably well!  You’ve also started crawling!  You’re still figuring it out, but you’re all over the place.  We’ve had to use baby gates and pillows throughout the house.  You’re also able to move from laying down to a sitting position.  This.is.trouble.  Long gone are the days when I would lay you in your crib for a nap and you’d simply roll over and fall asleep.  Now, as soon as I put you in your crib, you sit up as if to say, “Yeah right, mom. A nap is not happening.”  Mom also survived not seeing you for four days.  I say ‘mom survived’ because I think it was way way harder for me than for you.  You had so much fun with dad and your grandmas while mom was in Germany.  You hate being placed in your high chair and car seat – I think it’s because you know you won’t be able to move freely.  You love exploring your toys – you often examine them closely as if you’re trying to figure out how they work.  Future engineer?  You love toy cars and anything that isn’t a toy – boxes, strings, paper, remotes, phones, Addie’s tail.  You are our everything and more, little man.  We love you so much!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment