Monday, November 28, 2016

Weekend Recap

I’m so bummed to be back at work today and not feeling great.  Blah.  I loved spending quality time with all my guys.  How about a little recap?

I took Wednesday off so that we could participate in our second annual Kindness Day (read about last year's Kindness Day here).  Not only do we get to spread kindness, but we also have so much fun.  We started the day by boxing up some cookies, chocolates, and a Target gift card to give to our mail carrier.  Then, we headed out to Target and walked the store handing out $5 Target gift cards to 5 groups of people.  We generally chose groups with children and W handed over the gift card.  We loved wishing people a Happy Thanksgiving and I hope we brightened their days.  Next it was off to Starbucks where we bought coffee for a stranger and left a tip for the awesome baristas.  We also dropped off doggy treats at doggy day care and packed up a box of treats for our recycle man.  We finished our little outing by picking up Chinese Food and heading over to my mom’s house for lunch.  Such a great day!



Thursday morning, we watched the parade for a bit and then it was off to Nani and Papa’s house for Thanksgiving.  As always, Nani cooked an amazing meal… Hi, Nani… I think you’re one of the few people who reads this blog. ;)  It was just great to be surrounded by family… and food!!  I seriously LOVE all of the Thanksgiving sides.  Why can’t Thanksgiving be twice a year??  Anyway, the boys had fun with their cousins and I even got a little break when A took the boys downstairs to play.



Friday morning, my mom and I set out to do some shopping.  This has become our little tradition.  I didn’t need a ton (I do the majority of my shopping online), but I did manage to find gifts for all my nieces and nephews.  We also adopted a family for the holidays (another yearly tradition) and I found everything on their list.  A very successful day!!  We met the boys at our favorite pizza place for lunch and I’m happy to report that we all made it through the entire meal.

Saturday, we headed out to order food for W’s upcoming birthday party and stopped for lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant.  Once again, the boys were good… phew!  After S napped, it was time to decorate the Christmas tree!!  W was super into it and loved hanging all the ornaments.  S couldn’t have cared less.  However, now that the ornaments are on the tree, he loves removing them.  He is especially fond of the cupcake ornament and the Starbucks cup ornament.  This boy has his priorities in order!!  :)  Only two ornament casualties so far…







Sunday, was our usual routine.  I made dinner and it took twice as long as I anticipated, but ended up being delicious.  While, I was cooking, S went through the cabinet, found a jar of sprinkles, and emptied it all over the floor.  He then got his broom and attempted to sweep them up.


And that was our long weekend.  I love this season…

No comments:

Post a Comment