Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Stitch Fix #11

After Stitch Fix #10, aka my favorite Stitch Fix EVER, I knew Stitch Fix #11 would have its work cut out.  Truth be told, I peeked as soon as I got the shipping notification.  I have zero patience (and zero self-restraint).  My initial reaction was meh, not super impressed.  Note: I often have this impression initially and then I try things on and think, “Ohhh, now I get why my stylist chose this.  She knows me better than I know myself!”.  So let’s get on with the reveal…

Per usual, my referral code in case you’re considering giving Stitch Fix a try: stitchfix.com/referral/5478084

First up, the Ink Love & Peace Calyn Cowl Neck Knit Top.  W, my little sidekick, wanted to see what I received in my Fix and as soon as he spotted purple, he was all, “Oh mommy, you have to try that first!”.  Initial impressions of this were pretty color, but a bit bland for my taste.  As soon as I put it on, W exclaimed, “Mommy, you HAVE to keep that because it’s my favorite color!”.  This is a bit casual for work, but it was SO comfortable and I can definitely wear this on my work from home days and on weekends.  I don’t think I have any purple tops in my closet and I thought the color was great with my skin tone.  This also looked adorable under my cargo vest, paired with booties.  KEPT



Next was the Olive & Oak Mulliken Raglan Striped Knit Shirt.  This was really cute and I loved the bright colors.  I actually had a different version of this pinned.  Also, STRIPES.  This top is extremely popular among a couple of the Stitch Fix groups I belong to.  Sadly, I didn’t think it was all that flattering on me.  I’m super conscious of my ahem mid-section and I felt like I’d be sucking it in the entire time I was wearing this.  I ended up keeping this one for the discount and selling it.  It sold within a minute!!  KEPT (FOR DISCOUNT)




I then tried on the Laila Jayde Cindy Slub Knit Raglan Top.  Like the first top, my initial thought was, “cute, but plain”.  I also wasn’t crazy about the color – it just didn’t seem very fall like to me.  I then noticed that this top was incredible soft and had the cutest elbow patches.  It was so comfortable on and I considered keeping it.  Sadly, it also was not very flattering.  Again with the mid-section issues (I blame S ;)).  I kept this for the discount and sold it. KEPT (FOR DISCOUNT)




Finally, the Kay 4-Way Stretch Skinny Jean and Svend Wool Faux Suede Vest.  How cute is this outfit?  These jeans were incredibly flattering and I love the dark blue wash.  They fit me so well and that’s difficult to find in a jean.  And I love this vest.  I had this exact vest pinned and appreciate that my stylist took the time to check out my Pinterest board.  I thought this outfit was stylish, but would also keep me warm on chilly fall days.  I need to experiment with other tops to wear under the vest.  KEPT and KEPT



No comments:

Post a Comment