Friday, March 9, 2018

S at 3

The two comments I hear most often regarding S are “he’s so big” and “he’s so happy”.  Lately, I’ve been asked quite a few times if W and S are twins or if they’re really close in age.  S has always been off the growth charts and that remains true.  He’s tall for his age and I love that he’ll eat almost anything.  He definitely has a major sweet tooth and has been known to ask for cake or cookies for breakfast.  Also, DONUTS.  I’m sure we’ll share many sweet treats together in the years to come. J  I also think that at some point, he’ll level off – A and I are not even close to being considered tall so I can’t imagine S being well over 6 feet.



As far as happiness goes, S can find joy wherever he goes (except for the doctor’s office) and in whatever he does.  He just exudes happiness and is usually found with a smile on his face.  He’s always been that way and I consider myself incredibly lucky to experience and cultivate his jubilant spirit.  I never have to worry about S fitting in or taking on a new endeavor – he just does it.  With that said, he is 3 and being 3 comes with stubborn streaks and the occasional tears when things don’t go his way, but he rebounds to his happy self quickly.



You can often find S with one sock off or both socks off.  I re-read his one year post and apparently, this has always been his “thing”.  He also wants to take off his shoes wherever we go.  At a restaurant, grocery store, church, wherever, he’ll ask, “I take shoes off?”.



He just loves to have fun – even if it means getting in trouble.  He often tests limits by jumping on beds, standing on chairs, and climbing furniture.  At school, his teacher’s only concern was that S sometimes finds “naughty behavior” fun (or funny) and will join in even when he knows it’s against the rules.



He seems to have natural athletic abilities and can easily climb, throw, etc.  I’m anxious to sign him up for sports and discover his interests.

S still adores his brother.  This hasn’t changed over the years.  One thing that HAS changed is the boys now play together well and communicate.  They certainly have disagreements and argue over toys, but they’re also really sweet to one another.



S communicates really well.  Talking seemed to come rather easily to him.  He speaks in complete sentences and has a rather large vocabulary.  He knows all letters, numbers (through 10), colors, and has even begun to identify some words and spell his name.



S is incredibly sweet.  He gives hugs freely and often and it melts my heart every time.  He’s been known to yell, “Mommy!” and then run at me for a giant bear hug.  Lately, before tucking him in for the night, he’ll tell me he loves me and then declares, “I love everyone in the whole world”.  No doubt this world needs more of that.  He’s told me that I’m his best friend ever and asks to cuddle.  I can’t get enough.



He LOVES to be read to and will remain attentive through an entire story.  Pete the Cat, The Little Snowplow, Apples and Robins, and garbage truck books are his favorites.  He’ll easily go through 8-10 books in a day.

He is NOT potty trained and has been fighting potty training and diaper changes like a champ.

He enjoys painting and coloring and often comes home from school covered in paint.



Outdoors is still his favorite place to be and we are eagerly awaiting warmer weather.  He’ll ask to go outside or to the park multiple times per day.

I can’t emphasize enough how grateful I am for this boy.  I love watching him learn and grow.  He and W have quite different personalities and it’s been amazing to see each boy become their own unique person.

No comments:

Post a Comment