Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Weekend Recap


If I had to choose one word to describe this weekend, it would be vomit.

I know.  Gross.

I got home from work on Friday, pizza in hand.  I left the pizza on the kitchen table and dashed upstairs to hurriedly change into comfy clothes.  When I got to the bedroom, I quickly realized that Addie had puked after taking her medicine and left spots all over our bedroom carpet.  Spots that were impossible to clean.  Awesome.  I seriously want to rip all of the carpeting out of our house.  And if that weren’t enough, S puked in my bed after a coughing fit.  Super.

Saturday, we planned to grab lunch while A’s car was at the mechanic for an oil change.  We chose a nearby (crowded) restaurant that we just so happened to have a gift card for.  Lunch was going well when S starting having a coughing fit and puked all over the restaurant.  I know what you’re thinking… C, haven’t you learned your lesson by now??  And you’re right.  I should’ve known better.  S had been fine all morning, had lots of energy, but I should have known it would inevitably happen at the worst possible time.

The cutest Irish boys in town




Note S's painted toenails
On the bright side, the weather was nice and we got to spend some time outdoors.  So good for the soul!  Late afternoon, we headed to my mom’s house for our annual corned beef dinner.  W got to drive the Jeep again (after some initial hesitation) and dinner was delicious.  Corned beef, sides, and cake for dessert.  We headed home with full tummies.

S is obsessed with his jean jacket and W asked if I'd order one for him too. :)




I didn’t sleep well at all Saturday night, anticipating that S would wake up.  He did.  At 4:30am.  It was rough.  And he basically puked all day long after every meal.  A and W went to church while I stayed home with S. His cough was bad and I wondered if I’d have to take him to the doctor.  A kindly did the grocery shopping and I went on a solo trip to Target just to get a break.  S took several warm baths throughout the day.  I made a yummy dinner and we called it a night.

Monday night, S puked in his bed again.  Or as he says, “I pooked!”  Luckily, he seems to be on the mend and has hardly coughed today.  Phew.

I need a vacation.  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment