Monday, March 26, 2018

Weekend Recap


Every Sunday night, we each take a turn and tell about our favorite moments from the weekend.  It’s become our Sunday night tradition and we all look forward to it.  I didn’t realize how busy our weekend actually was, until we were discussing our favorite things last night…

Friday night I picked up pizza and afterwards, we decided to open a science kit that the boys received for Valentine’s Day.  (In case anyone is interested, I recommend this one and at $9, the price is right!  https://www.amazon.com/Scientific-Explorer-First-Blowing-Science/dp/B000BURAP2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1522086085&sr=8-3&keywords=science+kit )



They each picked out an experiment and we had so much fun completing them.  BUT three year olds are impatient and do NOT really like to follow step by step instructions, nor do they like to take turns with their brother.  I’ll admit that as an analytical chemist whose job it was to follow instructions carefully and precisely every time, this was a bit stressful for me.  I felt like I was constantly telling S not to do something.  On the bright side, the next morning, he asked if we could open the science kit again.  We’ll definitely do more experiments, but this was a much better activity for W vs. S.


Both boys prefer to wear their Christmas footie pjs - I mean our "spring weather" still feels like December, so why not?

A and I finished the night with our little beer tasting and basketball, which turned out to be a lot of fun.  I found that I like amber ale, while A prefers pale ale.

Saturday morning, S woke up at 4am for the second day in a row.  It was brutal and admittedly, I was not in the best mood.  Mom needs her sleep.  When I asked S what was going on, he told me his ear hurt.  Aha!  He’s had cold symptoms on and off for a while, including a nasty cough that is finally improving.  I had a pedicure scheduled for 9:45am so A kindly offered to take S to the doctor.  Thankful our pediatrician has sick hours on the weekend!  I’m sure I’ve mentioned before that S is awful when it comes to seeing the doctor.  He starts crying as soon as we pull into the parking lot and doesn’t want the doctor anywhere near him.  I felt bad about not going, but went over how the appointment would go with S.  We sort of made a game out of looking in his ears.  And lo and behold, A reported that S was wonderful at the doctor.  I was shocked.  So A gets to take him from now on. ;)  The guys made it back before my pedicure appointment and even arrived with coffee for me.  YES!!


I appreciate the extra cuddles!
My pedicure was fabulous.  I really appreciated the quiet and relaxation.  And soon after I got home, Aunt S (my brother’s fiancé) arrived to watch the boys so that A and I could enjoy a lunch date.  We had a great lunch including a fabulous dessert and used a gift card so it was FREE!  Then we headed to the grocery store to complete our weekly shopping – so much easier sans kiddos.  It was wonderful to be able to relax and talk to A without any interruptions or bathroom breaks.  The boys were great with Aunt S.  She explained that she had to change S’s diaper at one point.  He told her she was using way too many wipes.  Her response: “I never do this!  I don’t know how many to use!”  We were both laughing.



A and I finished the night with another beer tasting, homemade sweet onion dip, and basketball.  Pretty sure I consumed about 10,000 calories that day.



Sunday was the usual morning routine that included a long Palm Sunday mass.  We decided to dye Easter eggs Sunday afternoon… another stressful activity for me that resulted in a few cracked eggs and spilled dye… eek!  But the boys had a great time and were disappointed that there weren’t more eggs to dye.  I’m the only one who eats hard boiled eggs so this activity is a bit of a waste, but oh well… we all had fun.





The guys are all on Spring Break this week… wishing we had warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment