Thursday, May 17, 2018

Weekend Recap - 5/7/18


5/7/18

Another busy weekend in the books.  I spent some time at the hospital Saturday and Sunday with my brother.  While this situation is incredibly difficult, I’m so thankful for A.  He’s been entertaining the boys with park visits and even trips to the amusement park while I’m away and he's been holding down the house.  I’ve been receiving phone calls from family and friends who’ve heard about my brother.  They reach out to me instead of my mom, knowing that she’s often at the hospital and overwhelmed.  I’m relieved they’re contacting me and so appreciative of the offers for help, but I have to admit, it’s draining.  I hate being the one to confirm such terrible news.  I save my tears for when the boys are in bed or when I'm in the car alone.  Everything about the situation is emotionally exhausting.

Despite the hospital visits and sadness, we’re trying to make sure that the boys maintain a sense of normalcy as much as possible.  W has had some rough days and I'm sure he's catching on that things are really difficult right now, but we're doing our best.



They’ve been playing outside so much - soaking in the sunshine and warmer spring temperatures.  W has taken to riding the scooter he received for Christmas and zips through the neighborhood.  S is trying to figure out how to pedal.  Every day, W asks, “is it warm enough for sandals?” and also, “when can we get out the pool?”  Our pool is a tiny plastic kiddie pool so I don't understand the intrigue, but they’re very eager.







On Sunday, May 6, we participated in the Great Strides walk.  I wish we had had a larger team, but grateful to those who walked with us and supported us.  Our team raised over $500 (close to $600), which I’m really proud of.  A little side story: the boys were super excited to see purple shirts (W's favorite color!).  We found some in their size and moved along.  We later learned that the purple shirts were actually for those with CF.  No one told us.  Oops!  We had to explain a few times that A has CF and the boys do not.  They looked cute nonetheless.



2 comments:

  1. As always, the boys are adorable. Stripes! And you look lovely despite all you're going through. You are in my thoughts, C. Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always appreciate your comments. Thank you for keeping our family in your thoughts.

      Delete