Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Stitch Fix #4

Stitch Fix numero quatro arrived on Friday.  I actually peeked at the website before opening my box and was a little disappointed.  But then when I tried on the items, I liked them more than I thought I would.

First up was the Market & Spruce Chaplin Lined Hooded Anorak Jacket.  That's a mouthful.  I had this pinned, but didn't plan on keeping it because I had just gotten a jacket in my last fix.  BUT I kind of have a weak spot for cute jackets.  I told myself that if this was any color, other than army green, I was sending it back.  Lo and behold, it was army green.  Also, it was lined and had a hood.  Two things that seem to be harder to find than they should be, but are necessary for autumn in Chicago.  At the end of the day, I just liked this too much not to keep it.  It was the perfect weight - not light, but not too heavy either.  Note my favorite red headed toddler making a guest appearance!

He's a way better model than I am!

Verdict: KEPT
Next up was the Dean Skinny Jean and Daniel Rainn Waltie Black Lace Panel Blouse.  The jeans had a little zipper at the ankle and upon seeing it, my initial reaction was no thanks.  But then I changed my mind and decided I really liked that added detail.  However, after wearing these pants for a bit, I realized I had to keep pulling them up.  So these had to go back.  Normally anything Daniel Rainn is an automatic keeper for me, but I just didn't love this blouse.  I love floral patterns, but this pattern was a bit much and I wasn't sure about the dark color.  It did have a really cute lace panel down the back that I loved.  I may regret not keeping it.

Verdict RETURNED pants and RETURNED blouse
Then it was time for the Colourworks Syriana Open Drape Cardigan.  I really liked the texture/material of this one, but that's the only positive thing I can say.  It was just wrong for me.  Too long and just too big.  I felt like it was swallowing me.

Verdict: RETURNED
Finally, the 41Hawthorne Ahoy Lace Panel Knit Top.  This is so me.  I loved it.  I wish it was a little longer, but I wore a cami under it and problem solved. Stripes and lace - yes and yes.  It may not look all that flattering in the picture, but I don't care.  Knit tops like this are perfect for working at home or errands with the boys.

Verdict: KEPT
So there you have it.  Once again, I was really happy with my Fix.  Also, props to me for getting out the camera once again! And I didn't even chop off part of my head in these pics!! ;)

As always, if you're considering trying Stitch Fix, I'd be so grateful if you used my referral code! https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/5478084

6 comments:

  1. Stitch Fix for the win!

    I LOVE the anorak, and tried to find it to buy online.

    It's the exact in-between jacket I've been looking for! I love the orange at the zipper!

    All I could find was a lot of women very happy that it was included in their Stitch Fix delivery.

    If I DO find it, what size do you think I need? I'm 5'4", 125 lbs,.very narrow shoulders/rib cage (32 band bra) and usually a 4 or 6 in jeans/dresses.

    The striped top IS cute, I agree that the shawl/wrap is trying to eat you, and you do look lovely in that floral blouse.

    Stop bragging about your jeans falling down :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that Stitch Fix has exclusive brands/styles only available though Stitch Fix, but I hope you're able to find the jacket! Or you could always join in on the Stitch Fix fun. ;) Anyway, I would go with a size small based on the measurements you described. :) Mine is a medium and I wear a size 8.

    As for the jeans, I think it was more about the style/cut versus the fit... although, I'd love it if they were too big. I think these were more of a low rise style and that never works very well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The people who design jeans don't seem to know much about the actual dimensional realities of the female posterior. A pair of truly well fitting jeans is hard to find.

    You're looking good lady - thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! My derriere is always the problem when searching for the perfect pair of pants! Ha. And thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. I lov that jacket! And the top is super cute too! I need to try Stitch Fix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had lots of fun with it! Definitely recommend giving it a try. And it you do, my advice is be very specific in your clothing likes/dislikes and create a Pinterest board.

      Delete