Monday, September 28, 2020

Update

 I can't believe I went all of August and nearly all of September without an update.

Work has been really busy and with working from home, I never feel fully separated from work.  I try to take Charlie on a long walk as often as possible, I rush through lunch, I pick the boys up from school and there just isn't a lot of time to sit down and write (type).

With that said, we're all doing great.  The boys have started school.  I can't remember how much I talked about this previously, but it was a tough decision to determine if they'd return.  A month into it, we're really impressed by all of the precautions the school is taking.  Both boys are loving school and seem to really like their teachers (though W does tell me that second grade is tougher than first grade!).  The boys attend a small school and have about 15 students in their classes.  They have gotten used to wearing masks all day, rigorous hand washing, and social distancing.

I celebrated another birthday in August.  Oof.  But it was fun going out to lunch (and eating outside) and celebrating with the boys.  Work has been crazy and I've been weighing options.  For now, I continue to work from home and learn as much as I can.  I do like my job, but sometimes the office politics are just mentally exhausting and I wonder if I need a fresh start elsewhere.  TBD.  Grad classes are going super well.  I'm really enjoying them and hope to graduate with an MS in 2021.  Aside from that, I've been reading lots and I'm looking into another volunteer opportunity since resigning from my board position and choosing not to continue STEM mentoring.

A began the year teaching remotely and it seems to be going well.  He had his first in-person clinic appointment a month ago and we were elated with his results.  He is at his highest weight ever and his lung function is the best it's been in 10 years!!  We're both ecstatic and so thankful for Trikafta!!

We're still taking family walks and spending lots of time outside.  We've started visiting local apple orchards now that fall has begun and we're hoping to participate in other fall activities.  A and I have been enjoying the return of professional sports and we still play trivia weekly.  We're reading Harry Potter with the boys and are currently on the second book.  We've been making the most of our time together, but I'm starting to get nervous about colder weather and less time outdoors.  Eek.

What we've been up to...














No comments:

Post a Comment