Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Oops...


Oh my goodness… I know it’s been quite awhile since I shared a post.  I had one started and never finished it and the truth is, I just haven’t felt like writing.  Part of that is because our days aren’t super exciting or noteworthy, but at the same time, I feel like we’re as busy as ever.  Busy just looks different these days.  We’ve been cooking dinner together, creating scavenger hunts for the boys, taking walks, cleaning out cars, and eating as many meals as possible outside.  We just started taking the boys to local parks again, but only let them play if there are no other kids present.  We’re trying to make the most of our new normal.







A few events since I last posted… Father’s Day!  I will admit I’m a bit jealous because Father’s Day was much better than Mother’s Day.  The weather was beautiful and the boys were great.  The night prior, we went out to eat at a local restaurant.  It was our first time since March.  We wore masks, practiced social distancing, and ate outside.  All of the staff wore masks as well.  I really enjoyed it.  The boys and I made our very first cheesecake and we had that for dessert.  On Father’s Day, we grabbed Starbucks in the morning, went for a walk, the boys played outside, and A grilled.  We gifted A books, a game, cologne, and hand sanitizer. 😊  It was just a nice, low key day.




We had a fun 4th of July that consisted of grilling, popsicles, and sparklers.  The boys played in the inflatable pool while we sat outside and enjoyed a nice day.  Our nextdoor neighbors went all out with tons of fireworks so we had an up close view.







We traveled to Maryland.  I know this is controversial and we didn’t make the decision lightly.  I’ll share more on this in another post, but I will also mention that we wore masks every time we were in public and practiced social distancing.  We stayed at my aunt’s house and had an entire floor to ourselves.  Maryland also has far fewer cases of COVID than our home state.  We were very careful and I feel like this little trip was so good for our mental health.  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment