Friday, June 19, 2020

Currently...


I’m really appreciating a slower pace these days.  While I’m sad that the boys can’t participate in their usual summer activities and we can’t just turn up at our favorite restaurants or go to a Cubs game, I love that we’re not busy all the time.  Our weekends aren’t jam packed for once.



Over the past weekend, we picked out flowers from a couple local shops and walked along the river trail at the forest preserve.  It was unseasonably cool and I loved it.  We’re still eating outside as much as possible (though I saw a spider today so I may never set foot out there again) and playing badminton in the back yard.  We’ve created more chalk drawings than I ever thought possible and tried new recipes (spaghetti carbonera… yum!!) .

This past month has been the busiest at work for me and the slower pace of things has helped me not feel too overwhelmed.  The same could be said for grad school.  If this was a “normal” summer, taking a class on top of all the activities would have been really tough (not to imply that it isn’t tough… this class has been odd).

In other news, my intern started and I’m really enjoying being a “boss”.  I like helping others learn and I enjoy sharing knowledge.  I’ve appreciated the experience more than I expected.

A and I are also still enjoying weekly trivia nights.  I’m still terrible, but love participating.

Looking forward to celebrating A this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment