Friday, July 12, 2019

Stitch Fix Friday


I am so far behind with my Stitch Fix reviews, I’m going to share my previous two fixes.  I still really love the service and my stylist has been awesome.  I also enjoy looking back at these posts when I’m in need of outfit inspiration.  I love clothes.  I have a closet full of clothes.  But there are times my closet feels overwhelming and these posts are so helpful in those moments!  Here we go…

First, I don’t know what was up with my hair in these pictures.  It was soon after I cut it shorter and maybe I was still learning how best to style it?  Just needed to put that out there.

The first item I tried on was the teal Laila Jayde Bowie dolman top.  Dolman tops and I do not get along.  I think they work well on so many people, but they are just unflattering on me.  I think they’re too clingy in the mid-section and I knew this was an automatic no for me.  I did love the color, though.  RETURN



The second item I tried was the gray RD Style, Sonole open drape cardigan.  Do I need another gray cardigan?  Nope.  Did I keep it anyway?  Yes.  What can I say – I have a love for gray cardigans.  I don’t think I have any that are this cocoon style (is that what it’s called or did I make it up?) and I liked that this wasn’t too heavy - a perfect extra layer.  While I received this in the spring, I think it will be a great fall staple as well.  KEEP



Next up, the Daniel Rainn Bernal Split Neck blouse.  I really liked this top, but I already have a very similar top from a previous Stitch Fix!!  The top I already own is sleeveless so it is a slightly different style and I do really love the print, but didn’t see the need to have two extremely similar tops (with the exact same print).  I also think the sleeveless version is more flattering on me.  This was an easy decision.  RETURN



Finally, the Kensie Mally Ponte jacket and black Erica Taylor Karen Straight Leg pants.  This jacket was so soft and comfortable.  The material made me feel like I was wearing a tailored sweatshirt.  I usually go for items in bolder colors because I’m pretty pale, but I just loved this.  As for the pants, I kind of cheated.  I had decided that I probably wouldn’t keep them.  They were pull on, which I loved!  But I wasn’t sold on the fit.  And then I wore them to an auction, but kept the tags on so I’d have to option to return.  I know this is against the rules, but I couldn’t decide and figured it would be a good test.  Wearing them for hours made me realize I actually really liked them.  KEEP and KEEP




Ok, better hair in these next photos…

First up, the red 41 Hawthorn, Tulla Pintuck Detail Blouse.  I should note that I specifically requested short sleeve tops.  I have a ton of sleeveless tops and I don’t like wearing sleeveless at work without some type of jacket or cardigan.  I wanted a few short sleeve options to mix things up.  I liked the red and the pleats and thought this would make a great work top.  While red isn’t really a neutral, I think I can wear this with almost anything – even into fall.  KEEP




Next up, the green Pale Sky, Kiara Eyelet top and Liverpool Capri jeans.  I loved the green!  I had pinned quite a few green tops and was excited to see this in my fix.  I also thought the eyelet on top was such a cute detail.  This top was a bit pricey and I wasn’t sure about the fit.  It also wrinkles rather easily.  I had to think about this one and ultimately decided to keep it, but size up for a looser fit.  I think I’ll get lots of wear out of it.  The capri jeans were a definite no.  They just didn’t fit well and I wasn’t happy with the way they looked on me.  KEEP and RETURN




Next, I tried on the Market & Spruce, Amethyst Eyelet Detail knit striped dress.  I feel like the photo does this no justice whatsoever.  It was so comfortable on and I loved the style.  The fabric was a bit thicker, which made it more flattering.  When I pulled this out of the box, I thought it would be a no because I usually need dresses that are A-line or fit and flare, but this worked (at least I think so).  This was a definite keeper, I just feel like it’s cuteness is not exemplified.  KEEP




Finally, the yellow dress (I need to find the style card with the name of this cutie).  Everyone who saw this one loved it (except for A – ha!).  I was so torn.  I love the look of it in the box, but I don’t love it on me.  I just feel like yellow isn’t the best color for me and I also felt like the fit was a bit off on the top portion (you can see that in the first photo).  Ultimately, I decided to return this one, though it was a tough decision.  RETURN




No comments:

Post a Comment