Monday, July 8, 2019

Weekend Recap


Happy Monday… or something like that!

Did anyone else feel a bit torn celebrating Independence Day?  Like yay America, but also, we can do so much better.  To be honest, Independence Day has never been a favorite holiday for me.  I can definitely get on board with grilling and family time, but I couldn’t care less about fireworks and I’m definitely over hearing the booms of firecrackers all night long.  Nani and Papa kindly hosted an Independence Day gathering and I ate my weight in appetizers.  The boys loved spending time with their cousins and I think S sampled every sweet available (donuts, cookies, and popsicles!).  It was a great summer day!  We left with full bellies and the boys were asleep by 8:30pm.




This weekend consisted of t-ball and a belated Father’s Day outing.  T-ball was ok, but I think both boys were a bit tired after spending Friday at the water park with A (so nice to be a kid!).  Since we were out of town for Father’s Day, we invited Nani and Papa to join us for a hibachi dinner.  I was also excited for a redo since A’s Father’s Day outing wasn’t ideal (to say the least).  The boys had a great time and S laughed hysterically as we all tried to catch broccoli.




Sunday started off with church.  We have a new priest and he sings many of the prayers, which is a big change.  Not a bad change by any means, but I think the boys were thoroughly confused – ha!  We headed to the local amusement park in the afternoon.  The weather was perfect and it wasn’t crowded, which made for a really fun outing.





No comments:

Post a Comment