Monday, July 22, 2019

Weekend Recap


It turned out to be an uneventful weekend for us.  I think Friday was my favorite day.  My mom had to have a new air conditioner installed so she ended up coming to our house to cool off.  We ordered pizza and she helped me decide which of my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale purchases to keep.  I’m not in a hurry for summer to end, but trying on sweaters did make me excited for fall.

S’s t-ball game on Saturday was cancelled due to excessive heat.  A took my car in for an oil change in order to get out of the house and have a little quiet time.  I had a coupon for Dunkin Donuts and took the boys there.  S LOVES donuts and was excited to pick out a pink one with sprinkles.  After some time at home, S and I headed out to complete a few more errands.  Aside from questioning my driving (Why are you going that way??  Why are you in this lane??), he was really good company and we had fun together.  I also think it was beneficial that the boys got a little break from one another.

The rest of the day was spent watching movies and playing games while a storm rolled through.  I made one of our favorite instant pot pasta recipes and everyone ate it!!!  Miraculous!  W even asked if I’d make it for his school lunch… WHAT?!

Sunday was our usual morning routine.  I took the boys to a new park for a bit and then we picked up A and headed to lunch.  We went to our favorite chicken restaurant that has a basket of coloring books for the boys to enjoy and open windows that allow us to people watch.  The weather had cooled off and it made for a really great lunch experience.  I spent the remainder of the day cleaning out my closet and the boys played outside for a bit.

I mentioned in my previous post that this hospital admission/picc line experience has been so much better and it has.  BUT.  I’m sooo ready for this to be over.  I’m tired of scheduling all activities around dosing meds.  A hasn’t been doing much with his right arm so activities have been limited in that respect too – no baseball or energetic play with the boys, we can’t install the boys’ new car seats (I may try this on my own), no pool visits or anything that involves water, outings are limited.  And probably the toughest obstacle – I can’t sleep.  I have so much caffeine during the day to keep me going that I can’t fall asleep at night.  Then A’s alarm goes off at midnight.  We’ve had nighttime storms, S falls out of bed, A snores, S keeps waking up at 5:30am.  I. Am. So. Tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment