Monday, July 1, 2019

Weekend Recap


A fun weekend in the books!

Friday was a big day for us.  We officially sold our townhouse!  We’ve had renters for the past 5 years and the current tenants asked if we’d consider selling.  I think it worked out so well for all of us.  Had we listed it, we would’ve likely had to find (and pay) a realtor, replace carpeting, and replace appliances.  The current tenants really like the neighborhood and have plans of their own.  After too many extensions to count (we were supposed to close in March), it’s finally done.

I had the bright idea to take a selfie in front of the townhouse - it was hot, S didn't make it into the photo, but you get the idea.

 Saturday, the boys had swimming and then it was off to their first baseball games.  W had the first game and it was so cute seeing Coach A pitch to W (did I previously mention that A is coaching W’s team?).  S had the second game and it’s fun watching him play a sport.  This is his first team sport and he really seemed to enjoy it.  The only downside was it was warmer than expected and I forgot to put on sunscreen (at least the boys had their sunscreen on).  Ugh.





Sunday, consisted of our usual morning routine and then we headed to the Independence Day parade to walk with S’s preschool.  As soon as we arrived, my phone alerted me that there was a severe thunderstorm warning for the area until 1:15pm.  Great.  The parade was set to start at 1.  1:15 came and went and it was cloudy, but not storming.  I was waving and passing out bubbles, but ran out.  Of course, I had fallen way behind and the parade float was up ahead of me.  It looked like I was walking with another group and had nothing to pass out – parade watchers probably wondered what the heck I was doing.  As I tried to catch up to the truck that A and the kids were on, I realized the sky was getting really dark.  Soon, it was pouring rain.  Luckily, I had my umbrella and A and the boys were on the parade truck under an awning.  The rain started coming down hard along with thunder and lightning.  It occurred to me that the truck with A and everyone else was driving away and I had no idea where it was headed.  I had no phone, no car keys, just my wimpy umbrella and empty bubble bag.  Luckily, someone must’ve told the truck to stop and I ran after it and hopped on.  I rode on the back of it to the garage that owns the truck and was pretty soaked by the time we arrived.  The garage owners let us in and even let the boys check out the old cars they were working on, use the bathroom, and dry off in the shop.  They offered to shuttle us to our car too, which was so generous.  It turned out to be quite an adventure and despite the storm, we all had fun.



Before the rain and still with bubbles :D


No comments:

Post a Comment