Friday, June 28, 2019

Friday Thoughts


Everyone seems to be feeling better, thankfully!  We are still worried about A and even discussed hospital admission.  An antibiotic and rest has helped, though he’s not quite back to feeling 100%.  Hoping a few more days of medicine will do the trick.

On Wednesday, my company hosted a take your kid to work event.  Kids had to be 6 years old so only W could attend, but he had such a great day.  We had breakfast and lunch together and W attended a series of activities.  I think it’s awesome that my company does this for employees’ kids.



Yesterday, I attended a Cubs game with my department.  It was my first time sitting in a suite and I felt pretty fancy.  I definitely took advantage of the unlimited food and drinks.  It was so much fun and the Cubs won!!  Hooray!!




We’ve had so many issues with things breaking lately… ugh!  There was the townhouse water heater fiasco.  Then we thought the washing machine was broken.  S broke a toilet and with vacay and everyone sick, it hasn’t been fixed in over 2 weeks.  Giving A until the weekend and then a plumber is being called.  And on Monday, our dryer broke – while we still have lots of laundry from vacation and even extra from the boys being sick.  When it rains, it pours!  Enough already!!  I shouldn’t even mention our yard, which looks like a jungle.  Yikes.  Hoping to get things in working order and looking better this weekend.

Speaking of the weekend, the boys have their first baseball games on Saturday and we’ll be walking in the Independence Day parade on Sunday.  I’m looking forward to a fun filled weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment