Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Guess Who's Back...


Remember me?  We just returned from vacation and I had every intention of posting before we left, but things were hectic and I ran out of time.  We spent six wonderful days at Disney World and had so much fun.  I’ll share that soon, but wanted to recap activities before we left.

On Saturday, June 8, A and I went to our first Cubs game of 2019.  Nani and Papa kindly agreed to let the boys spend the night so A and I could have a night out.  This happened to be a rare Saturday night Cubs game and I quickly realized that I’m too old for such things – ha!  But A and I had a great time and didn’t arrive home until around 11pm?  Midnight?  I don’t remember.  But I do know that our Cubbies started out losing 4-0 in the first inning and ended up winning.  Yay!!



The boys also had a blast with Nani and Papa and as soon as we saw them, they asked if they could have a  double sleepover next time.  I’ve never heard of a double sleepover, but apparently it’s their term for a 2 night sleepover.  W even asked me this morning when the next sleepover would be.

Sunday was spent packing.  I spent over 3 hours packing the boy’s suitcases and my own.  Packing gives me such anxiety.  I’m so meticulous about everything.  I chose the boys outfits for each day and arranged tops and shorts together so there was no confusion.  I think my OCD packing was definitely helpful once we arrived in Florida, but it took forever.

Tuesday, I was supposed to have the day off, but ended up working a bit.  I purposely took this day off because we had a crazy 6am flight on Wednesday.   I don’t recommend this, but it was the only nonstop flight option.  Anyway, I finished reviewing the 367 page report I’d been working on and packed a few last minute items.

The highlight of this day was W’s last day of school.  This past school year flew by faster than any others.  I just can’t believe he’s done with kindergarten and I’m so proud of my boy.  He’s leaving kindergarten as a reader.  His handwriting has improved immensely.  He’s writing sentences by sounding out words and using punctuation.  He’s gained confidence and further developed his social skills.  He’s still a math whiz.  He’s wise beyond his years and has a unique ability to fully assess a situation.  I love his teacher so much and nearly cried as I gave her a hug.  And she said one of the kindest things a parent could ever hear… “Yes, I helped W learn and develop his skills, but you both set the foundation.  You laid the groundwork for his success.”



Here’s to a wonderful summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment