Monday, July 15, 2019

Weekend Recap


This weekend was a tough one for me.  After lots of discussion, A decided it was probably best for him to be admitted.  Since getting sick after our Disney trip, there have been days in which he’s felt completely fine and there have been other days in which his lungs have been sore and he doesn’t feel like himself.  It hasn’t stopped him from keeping up with the boys and staying busy, but to play it safe, he thought a hospital admission and IV antibiotics were the best option.  It has been 5 years since he was last admitted so it’s not surprising that he’d need to go.  I just remember how awful the last time was… The hospital is over an hour away.  A didn’t see his doctor until the following day, the picc line wasn’t inserted until the following night, he wasn’t given the correct number of enzymes for meals, the staff had no clue about CF, the food was gross.  I didn’t understand why he had to stay for 2 nights (3 days) – especially with mediocre care.  And the IV antibiotics made A feel much worse before he started feeling better.  It was a solid 10 days of A barely getting out of bed.  And given that my dad and my brother both passed away after being admitted to the hospital, the thought of A being there is a bit traumatic for me.

And there is never a good time for a hospital admission.  A will miss coaching at least one of W’s baseball games – W really loves that dad is his coach and I think it’s been a great experience for both of them.  We were supposed to have a date night on Wednesday and I was super excited for another trivia night – we’ve only been out together twice since March.  I’m sad we’ll miss that and won’t have another opportunity for trivia night for at least a month.  We’re supposed to leave for our annual Maryland trip in 2 weeks and we’re not sure if that will be impacted.  It’s disappointing to say the least.

Last week also marked a year since we said goodbye to Addie dog and I still can’t see a photo of her without crying.  A and I both cried talking about her yesterday.  She was such a big presence in our lives for 10 years and I miss her incredibly.  I’m fairly certain the boys weren’t around when we were talking about her (they were playing at the park).  But last night, when I went in W’s room to say goodnight, he was crying.  I asked him what was wrong and he said he missed Addie.

It turned out to be a really emotional weekend, but there were definitely happy moments as well.  The boys did great at baseball.  I mean S did run off the field at least 3 separate times because he was tired or hungry or whatever, but when he actually played, he was great.  W wanted to play first base and played awesome there. 



Random, but my mom decided to dye her hair (for the first time since she was a teen) and she looks awesome!  We happened to be at the salon at the same time and it was so fun to have a salon buddy.

We had a picnic at the park yesterday.  The weather was beautiful and the boys had a great time playing.






I’m really hoping this week turns out better than I’m anticipating…

No comments:

Post a Comment