Friday, July 19, 2019

Friday Thoughts


How about some good news on this Friday?!

A was admitted on Tuesday and returned home Wednesday night.  One less day and night than his previous admission.  This admission was better on all accounts.  He saw his doctor right away, staff was attentive, he received his picc line right away, he actually received meals after ordering them, there is no IV pole to connect medication bags to (he has individual "pods" instead).  Isn’t medicine/technology amazing?!?  So far, his energy hasn’t really suffered as a result of the antibiotics – not sure if that will change, but since he didn’t feel awful going into the hospital, I’m hopeful.  The only drawback is the picc line limits his activity and he has to wake up at midnight to dose one of his meds (and consequently, I’m waking at midnight too).  I’m anxious for this to be over, but happy we’re in a much better situation than we were 5 years ago.  I also tried my hardest to keep things as "normal" as possible for the boys and I think that strategy was best.

I’m really loving my new job!!  The week I started, I just felt an overwhelming sense of relief.  I knew I needed a change, but I didn’t really expect the instant happiness and feeling of liberation that followed - like a huge weight was lifted.  My new boss is wonderful and will make a great mentor - an added bonus.  I’m so grateful for this opportunity and thankful things worked out the way they did.

Did anyone else do lots of shopping over the past week?  I’m having a bit of buyer's remorse, but also excited about some deals.  I tried to be practical and purchased a new doorbell (current one is broken) and car seats, but then my mom told me she’d gift me a few items of my choosing from the Nordstrom Anniversary sale for my birthday and practicality went out the window.  The mound of packages delivered continues to grow. 😊  

We don’t have much planned this weekend.  It’s supposed to be really hot on Saturday so we’ll likely be stuck inside.  Boo.  On the bright side, a low key weekend sounds ideal!

No comments:

Post a Comment