Thursday, December 5, 2019

Weekend Recap


I still have that darn cough that I mentioned previously.  Ugh - I can't seem to get rid of it!  We also have no updates on Trikafta, which is really frustrating.  On the bright side, we all enjoyed our time off…

Wednesday.  Our fifth annual Kindness Day!  This year was very similar to previous years with one exception – we went out to breakfast as a family.  We often stop at Starbucks, but I can’t remember the last time we actually went out for a real breakfast.  I think we all loved it and it was a great way to start the day.  From there, we paid for someone’s coffee at Starbucks, left a tip for the baristas, brought my mom coffee, handed out gift cards at the grocery store, left our mail carrier a treat, and prepared a basket of snacks for our delivery people.  It was a great day!




Thursday.  Coffee and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade (which the boys weren’t really into).  Our morning was slow and peaceful – my favorite kind of morning.  Then we headed to Nani and Papa’s for Thanksgiving.  Dinner was delicious as always and we enjoyed playing Uno Attack until it was time to leave.  The boys and their cousins received Christmas pjs from Nani and they all looked so cute.

For the record, that's a picture of a cornucopia. :\



Friday.  Shopping with my mom.  I was honestly dreading this.  Leaving the house at 7am was not very appealing.  I like spending time with my mom, but I do most of my shopping online.  My mom, however, doesn’t own a computer.  Once we were out and had coffee in hand, I actually had a lot of fun.  We went to a different shopping center and I enjoyed visiting stores I wouldn’t usually go in – Anthropology, J Crew, and Crate and Barrel to name a few.  We met the boys for lunch at our favorite pizza restaurant.

Saturday.  We found our Christmas tree!  Oh, how I love it.  And I’ll give A and I kudos because we finally figured out the easiest way to get the tree standing:  Cut off a couple inches on the very top so the angel can sit better, cut the netting off just the trunk so it doesn’t get stuck in the tree stand, make sure the tree is in the very middle of the stand so it doesn’t topple over… all of this probably seems common sense, but we’d made mistakes previously.  Anyway, I think our tree is bigger than what we’ve had in previous years and I love it.  I tried to convince the boys to wait until Sunday for ornaments, but they weren’t having it.







Sunday.  After church and Starbucks, we mostly relaxed.  We played games with the boys and watched tv.  I asked what we should have for dinner and S replied, “chicken and pasta”.  I actually had ingredients around the house and made up an instant pot recipe with chicken, penne, lemon, chicken broth, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, a splash of milk, and spices.  You should have seen the look of horror when I mentioned that I made up a recipe.  And when I served the chicken and pasta with lemon cream sauce, W announced that it was his favorite meal ever and he even liked it better than pizza.  Say what?!?  The child who never likes anything loved my dinner.  So I ended the weekend feeling pretty darn good. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment