Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Weekend Recap


We had the busiest weekend!  I love this time of year, but gosh, there’s so much to do and I’m not sure how to cut anything out.

Friday.  We went to Christmas Craft Night at W’s school.  The boys enjoyed making three different crafts and decorating cookies.  We got to catch up with W’s kindergarten teacher – I just love her so much.  The boys also picked out a couple new books.  All in all, a fun night.

Saturday.  W’s 7th Birthday Brunch!  I tried to talk W out of a home birthday party, but failed.  That meant that I spend much of Friday trying to clean and organize things around the house.  In retrospect, this was much needed, but it was a lot of work.  Anyway, W loves his Starbucks bagels and apple juice which influenced the brunch idea.  We served donuts, bagels, cinnamon rolls, breakfast casserole, and fruit along with coffee and juice.  I really love how it turned out.  And since it started early, our guests still had the afternoon/evening for other activities.  Most importantly, W loved having his family and friends over for his favorite foods.









Saturday evening, my high school played A’s high school in basketball.  We all went to the game.  W and S really haven’t showed much interest in sports, but they’ve enjoyed the couple basketball games we’ve gone to.  Sadly (for me), A’s school won, but we all had fun watching.

Sunday.  Church followed by a pancake breakfast with Santa.  After filling up on pancakes, sausage, bagels, and juice, W and S greeted Santa.  I’m not sure what W requested – possibly miniature traffic signals?  S requested a toy car wash.  Ugh.  Why can’t my kids request something easy??

 

From there, W attended a birthday party for a classmate while S and I dropped off gifts for our adopted family.  We all ended up at my mom’s house where the boys played with Legos and we ordered Chinese food for dinner.  So lots of fun, but I was so tired on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment