Thursday, February 20, 2020

Trikafta Update

Hello, hello!  I need to write a post on our vacation (quite possibly the most amazing vacation I've ever been on!!).  But that will have to wait until I have more time.

For now, a quick Trikafta update will have to suffice.  I (think) I mentioned previously that we were a bit concerned about the effects of Trikafta on A's liver (actually, it was probably just myself who was concerned, but anyway...).  A's liver enzymes were slightly elevated and had been for a year or so.  He had the necessary blood work done before starting the drug and has had two appointments with a hepatologist since then.  Good news!  A's liver enzyme levels actually decreased since starting Trikafta.  A has no scarring and the test results were "reassuring".  He has mild fat levels that the doctor was not concerned about.  Such a relief and we're so thankful for this drug!!

No comments:

Post a Comment