Monday, April 23, 2018

Weekend Recap


Weekends always go SO fast!!

Saturday started with haircuts for the boys.  It’s such a relief that they behave perfectly these days.  I remember those first couple haircuts that involved so many tears! 

W was invited to a royal birthday party that afternoon.  He was supposed to wear ‘royal attire’ and he was the cutest little prince I ever did see.  I asked the birthday girl’s mom if I should drop W off or stay and she said either was fine.  I asked W and he wanted me to stay.  Luckily other moms were there too so it wasn’t awkward.  I noticed that W didn’t interact much with the other children.  He was near them and participated in the activities, but he didn’t really converse or socialize.  It made me sad and worried.  W has always been shy in social settings, but talks nonstop at home.  However, once we left the party, he told me he had so much fun.  I suppose that’s all that really matters.





I talked with my mom a bit about W and expressed my concerns about him being so quiet amongst other children.  Since she taught for so many years, I assumed she’s had students like W.  She told me I shouldn’t be concerned – it was just W’s personality.  I also talked with one of my colleagues and she told me that his reserved nature would be an asset – he’d be an excellent listener and take everything in (which does sound a lot like W).  Both conversations made me feel better.  I’m just wondering if I should be doing more to encourage his social skills.

Anyway.

S and A had their own little outing while W and I were at the birthday party.  A took S bowling and out to lunch and I hear they had a great time.  I think it was good for the boys to have separate activities for a change and they both really seemed to enjoy their outings.

The rest of the weekend was spent running errands and playing outside.  BOTH boys went to the children’s mass at church and enjoyed it so it looks like we’ll have a new routine at church.  And we FINALLY had nice weather.  It was in the 50s and sunny so we spent much of the weekend outdoors whenever we could.  




We finished with a delicious Sunday dinner.  I know I mention this often, but I really enjoy making a big meal on Sundays.  Sad the weekend had to end!



No comments:

Post a Comment