Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Weekend Recap


I had five meetings yesterday and was so mentally drained by the end, I didn’t post my usual weekend recap.

Our weekend was uneventful, which is exactly what I needed.  I didn’t even take a single picture of the boys, which is unheard of for me.  I guess I was just focused on being in the moment and relaxing when possible (not really possible with two little boys).

We spent Saturday morning lounging around and easing into the day.  Once we were finally dressed, we headed to lunch.  I had a coupon for a free kids meal at Red Robin – score!  The boys love this restaurant – chicken, fries, lemonade and balloons – what more could a boy ask for?  Then it was off to the mall.  I always wear a watch and hadn’t been able to for some time because my watch battery died.  It was driving me crazy – I’d constantly look for the time and then realize I wasn’t wearing a watch.  Anyway, the boys had also been asking to go to the mall play place aka germ city.  It was freezing so it was a good option on this day.  Time will tell if they catch yet another virus from the germ cesspool.  But they both had a great time and I’m happy to have my watch back.

Sunday was our usual.  After church, Starbucks, and grocery shopping, I made dinner - chicken mushroom Florentine over linguini, and grilled mushrooms, zucchini, and broccoli.  It was so yummy, you guys.  The pediatrician gave us a hard time about the boys not eating enough fruits and veggies… they didn’t eat these grilled veggies BUT, I’m going to keep offering and hope that they’ll eventually try them and like them!  And what are parents supposed to do?  S eats fruits, W eats corn and the occasional strawberry, but I’m not sure what to do to convince them to eat more.  I’ve heard of parents trying to sneak them into meals, but I know my kids would find them and refuse to eat.  We’ll keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment