Friday, May 17, 2019

Weekend Recap


Gosh, what a week.  At this rate all my weekend recaps will be posted on Friday.  The week started with a text from our townhouse tenants on Sunday indicating they had no hot water.  I headed to the townhouse on Monday to let the plumber in.  Parts had to be ordered.  My mom let the plumber in on Tuesday and we thought the repair was complete.  Tuesday night, the tenants let us know they had no hot water yet again.  So I headed back to the townhouse on Wednesday and let the plumber in again.  Once again, a part had to be ordered.  Thursday, I left work around noon and stopped by the townhouse yet again to pick up the part that had been delivered.  I called the plumber to find out when they could come over and was told no one was available.  At this point I was furious.  A is taking time off to let the plumber in today for what we hope is the final repair.  I’ve had it with this ridiculousness and will never use this company again.  To make it even more frustrating, the house was supposed to be sold over a month ago and closing dates keep getting postponed.

I also had a school board meeting on Wednesday night and didn’t get home until 11pm so I’m ready to be done with this week.

But back to the point of this post… Weekend Recap.  So the Weekend consisted of Mother’s Day and A always makes sure I have the best weekend!  It started Saturday morning.  The boys woke up some time around 6am and I started to get up, but A told me to sleep in and he would take the boys to swim class.  I’m a girl who loves her sleep and I definitely wasn’t going to argue.  A even came back with coffee and a bagel.  Best husband ever!!  We decided to try a new restaurant for lunch, which happened to be at a nearby mall.  The food was pretty good and afterwards, S got to pick out his own t-ball bat.  After that, it was off to haircuts for the boys.

Sunday consisted of our usual morning routine.  The boys gifted me little art projects they worked on in class.  These are always a favorite!  A gifted me the best  comfy joggers, a facial mask crème that I’ve been eyeing, and a new book.  All items to help me feel comfortable and relaxed.  They were wonderful.  I also received a salon gift card and chocolates from Nani.  All of these items were absolutely perfect.  We had to stop at the grocery store for a couple items and quite a few strangers even wished me a happy Mother’s Day.  I thought it was so sweet and completely unexpected.  I wish I could say our weather was nice, but it was freezing.  We’ve had such a cold, rainy spring.  But otherwise, it was a perfect weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment