Monday, May 20, 2019

Weekend Recap


Oh hey, look who’s actually posting the weekend recap right after the weekend!  We had lots of fun so let’s get to it.

The water heater at our townhouse is fixed for the time being, though the plumber thinks yet another part may be needed eventually.  Waiting for a text from the tenants letting us know that they have no hot water again.  This was the most frustrating experience and I hated having to arrange my work schedule around repairs!  Hoping for a reprieve from scheduling plumbers.

Saturday, began with swimming.  Afterwards, I suggested to A that we grab drinks at Starbucks and then head to the park.  It was a beautiful morning and the boys were desperately in need of fresh air.  I’ll pause here and say that I was feeling pretty down towards the end of the week – with the townhouse fiasco and the news about trade wars and Alabama, it just seemed like things were sort of falling apart.  Clearly, I need to turn off the news.  But being outside in the sunshine was so uplifting.  At the park, A held a gate for a man and his kids and he told A that he had a beautiful family.  It was so sweet and a really great reminder that there is so much good in so many people.







We spent over an hour at the park and then grabbed lunch.  I had planned to make dinner, but none of us were very hungry.  Instead, we made a very healthy choice and had ice cream for dinner.  This may have also had something to do with the long week we experienced.  And I don’t even feel bad about it.

Sunday, the forecast called for rain all day.  I was pretty devastated because the preschool carnival was scheduled and it takes place rain or shine.  Serving on the board, I also know how much the carnival means to the preschool’s revenue and given the weather forecast, things weren’t looking good.  Even though rain was expected over night and then all of Sunday, I woke up to sunshine and was rather shocked.  I had been checking the forecast hourly like a crazy person the night before and sunshine did not appear in the forecast at all.  We headed to church and came out to a sprinkle of rain.  I was worried, but it stopped quickly.  I continued to check the weather and there was still a chance throughout the afternoon.  We decided to arrive at the carnival right when it started anticipating that we would leave if/when it started to rain.  Time ticked by and it never rained.  As cheesy as it sounds, it almost felt miraculous.  It was a bit windy, but there was plenty of sunshine and warm temperatures.  The boys enjoyed the petting zoo, games, pony rides, and snacks.  We left tired and (mostly) happy.  S was sad he didn’t win the “chip game”.  I still can’t believe it never rained... what a gift!








No comments:

Post a Comment