Thursday, November 7, 2019

Weekend Recap


I know I’m getting behind with weekend recaps, but I love looking back at years past and reading about what we were up to so I’m going to try to keep up with them (no matter how late they are).

The boys were really challenging this past weekend.  I’m not sure why.  Lately, Sunday mornings in particular have been tough.  Mostly because I’m trying to get ready for church and the boys are acting out – trying to get them under control while getting ready is particularly stressful to me.  I don't do well multitasking.  Maybe I need to get up earlier, but after waking up at 5am every day during the week, staying in bed until 6:15am on Sunday feels like a luxury.  So Sundays usually result in timeouts where S is especially challenging and I end up having to sit next to him during the time out or I have to drag him to his bed (because he refuses to walk and he’s too heavy to carry).  And then he’ll loudly tell me in the middle of church that I need to apologize for “sitting on him” or “pushing him over”.  Neither of which actually happened, but oddly enough, I’ve gotten a couple dirty looks from church goers who don’t know any better.  Ugh.  What was the point of this?  Oh yeah… Sunday mornings are not my favorite.

We did have fun Saturday night as we celebrated our niece and nephew’s birthday and a local hibachi restaurant.  There were about 8 drinks spilled and 27 trips to the bathroom, but we had fun nonetheless.




Earlier in the day, A took W and S to Home Dept where there was a little class than involved assembling a wooden eagle and painting it.  I think the boys really enjoyed it and I appreciated a little break.  The weather was decent and I also got to take Charlie on a couple long walks.

In other news, I’ve started Christmas shopping and planning W’s 7th!! Birthday party.  He really wants a party at home, though, I’ve tried to talk him out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment