Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Weekend Recap


We have a few inches of snow on the ground and when I left the house this morning, it was 11 degrees.  We set a record for the coldest November 12.  So basically it’s going to be the longest winter EVER (and it’s not even winter yet).  I'm going to lose my mind.

Luckily, it was a bit warmer over the weekend and we took advantage of that.  Saturday, W was supposed to attend a birthday party, but it was canceled.  So A and I took the boys to a bouncy house place where they jumped around for an hour.  S even made me go in one of the bouncy houses – I tried to explain that a different parent had gone in only because his child was little and needed help.  S wasn’t having that explanation.  So I bounced a bit and promptly exited.  LOL.  Afterwards, we stopped at my mom’s house.  The boys had been begging to go there so they could play with my brother’s old Legos.  We ordered tacos and relaxed until it was bed time for the boys.



Sunday morning – chaos as usual.  I’m at my wit’s end.  I don't understand why it's so difficult to get 2 boys dressed and out the door (which they do every day for school), but it is.  We were late to church.  But after that, things got better.  Once we arrived home, I took Charlie to the dog park so he could run and play.  I really enjoy taking him for long walks on the weekend – the exercise is good for both of us and I appreciate the quiet.  While the dog park isn’t quite the same as a long walk, the park is pretty big and I do get some walking in while Charlie plays.  This park just opened and it’s five minutes from our house.  I absolutely love it (and so does Charlie).

After that, we met up with A’s brother and his 4 kids at a local theme park.  All the kids had a great time (I think!) and my nephew even went on his first real roller coaster with his dad and A.  The boys love spending time with their cousins and I’m so glad we could all go.  It helped that the park was relatively empty and we hardly had to wait in line.  Also, rides scare me.  I didn't go on a roller coaster until I was in 8th grade and I loved them for awhile.  But now?  Nope.  Oh, one more thing!  A suggested that we sit in the last row of one of the rides (which happened to be the spot where you felt the ride the most).  Our stomachs were dropping with each swing of the ride.  Poor S and his cousin were nearly in tears and begging to get off.  They'd been totally fine the first time they were on the ride, but sitting in the last row scared them.  It was equal parts sad and hysterical.





No comments:

Post a Comment