Friday, November 1, 2019

Friday Thoughts


Holy moly, we’re into November and we already had our first snow.  WHAT IS HAPPENING?!  Usually, I’m really excited about the first snow – there’s just something magical about it – maybe a little reminder that Christmas is around the corner.  But I just can’t get on board with snow in October.  Nope.  The boys were in shorts a month ago.  And fall weather lasted all of 3 weeks.  Boo hoo.  Also, someone reminded me that there are only 2 months left in the year… again, WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?

On the bright side, I’m so happy our town’s trick or treating was Sunday because trick or treating in the snow just does not sound fun.  I did forget to mention something that still has me giggling.  I realize that trick or treating prior to Halloween is a bit unique.  Well, the kids knocked on one door in the neighborhood and a very confused guy answered.  The kids all said trick or treat and the poor guy looked baffled, “Trick or treating is today?  We just moved in a few days ago.”  Bahahaha.  Welcome to the neighborhood and by the way, we DON’T trick or treat on Halloween.

W had to dress up as Saint Paul at school in preparation for All Saints Day today.  We all attended a little show where each student recited a line about the saint they were assigned.  It was the cutest.



A attended S’s conference on Monday.  Conferences still give me anxiety so I stayed home and made dinner with the boys.  I’m happy to report that S is doing wonderfully.  Sadly, one of his teachers is leaving and I’m so disappointed.  He had two teachers leave mid year last year and it’s hard on the students.

Happy Friday!!  Let it snow, let it snow…

No comments:

Post a Comment