Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Weekend Recap


A and I celebrated our 12th anniversary over the weekend!  I can’t believe how fast 12 years has flown by!!

Nani kindly offered to take the boys on Saturday night.  A and I never get to go out near our actual anniversary.  We usually end up going out to dinner at some point in late November.  So this was a special treat.  While the boys were making pizzas and cookies with Nani and Papa, A and I enjoyed dinner at a nearby restaurant.  We ordered entrees, drinks, desserts, and the waiter even brought us Prosecco and chocolates.  Everything was delicious and we ended up staying for 2 hours.  From there, we headed home and watched a cute movie called Always Be My Maybe on Netflex. 

We met up with the boys at church and soon enough it was time to get ready for our town’s trick or treating.  The weather was perfect and our friends even joined us as we walked the neighborhood.  I’m really glad our trick or treating was on Sunday because we’re supposed to have some rain/snow mix on Halloween Day.  Ugh – so not ready for snow!!

W wanted to be a Starbucks barista and S wanted to be a pilot.  Both costumes were super easy and the boys looked so cute.  




After about two hours of walking around the neighborhood, we called it quits.  






The boys couldn’t wait to examine their candy (though they hardly eat any of it).  It always surprises me that they receive a few full size candy bars.  That didn’t happen when I was a kid!  You should see the amount of sweets in my house right now: A taffy apple from A, truffles from A, cookies from Nani, tons of Halloween candy, apple cinnamon donuts, and chocolate covered Oreos.  So if you see me looking like I gained a few pounds, well, you’ll know why.  I have such a sweet tooth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment