Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Weekend Recap

I actually wrote this on Monday and forgot to post... oops!


Monday started with me oversleeping by 45 minutes.  Mornings are pretty hectic and even when I wake at my usual 5am, I’m still scrambling.  So I basically put on some makeup, hurriedly styled my hair as best I could in limited time, and ran out the door.  And you know what?  I looked pretty much the same as I always do.  Moral of the story: instead of trying to look perfect, I should probably just sleep an extra 45 minutes.

Anyway.  I mentioned previously that the boys have been taking tennis lessons on Friday evenings.  The lessons are a little advanced for S, but they are also very laid back.  Most of the lessons consist of some type of games and just trying to hit the ball.  I think it’s probably tough for the instructor because they combined the 4-6 year old class with the 6-8 year old class.  So all different skill levels.  Anyway, the boys seem to enjoy it and A and I spend much of the time laughing.  I decided to sign both boys up for the next session.

Our weather has been really awful.  Every weekend seems to be rainy.  Much of Friday night into Saturday morning, we had heavy storms.  Finally, Saturday, early afternoon, the rain stopped.  After last weekend, I was determined to get the boys out of the house no matter what.  We decided to head to a local farm and do their corn maze with Nani and Papa.  It was a little chilly and windy.  The maze was muddy.  But that meant there weren’t many people there.  We all wore our rain boots and had so much fun.  We found all the check points in the maze and the boys loved going down slides, hanging from the zip line, picking out pumpkins, and munching on donuts, popcorn, and fudge.  I’m so glad we went.  I heard quite a few people remark on how smart we were to wear rain boots.  Someone even called me a smart mom.  Seemed like common sense, but I’ll take the compliment.  Afterwards, we visited the same restaurant we do every year.  It overlooks a lake and we always enjoy it.  Such a fun day!











Annnnd then Sunday.  Two cranky boys who were just whiney and complainy the whole day.  It was rainy.  Again.  I wasn’t feeling great (I think allergies?).  I’m sort of at my wit’s end.  A and I can’t entertain the boys all day.  And usually, they’re fine playing on their own.  But there’s something about the weekend that turns them into bored, needy, argumentative, whining little dudes.  We usually try to do something fun on Saturday and then relax on Sunday.  Sunday is also a day for cleaning up, grocery shopping, making a big dinner, and hopefully watching a little football – though this has been near impossible.  But the boys haven’t gotten that memo (though, it’s been our routine forever).  I’m not sure what to do.  On the bright side, our team won, I made Instant Pot chili that turned out awesome, W’s reading skills amaze me, and S built an awesome building out of magna-tiles.

And it’s already supposed to rain all of next weekend.  Of course we have our annual photos scheduled so rain seems inevitable.  I’m going to lose my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment