Friday, October 18, 2019

Weekend Recap


Way late on my weekend recap per usual.  All day work meetings, school board meetings, and everything in between has made for a hectic week.

We had such a fun weekend!!

Friday.  It was the boys last tennis lesson for this particular class.  I actually signed them up for the next session, but we aren’t sure who the instructor will be.  This last class was dubbed parents versus kids and I was super excited to bust out my old tennis racquet.  You guys, I was totally in my element.  I had so much fun hitting shots and served an ace to A.  And it was definitely an ego boost when my boys called me a tennis pro and the instructor referred to me as one of the Williams sisters.  I will be participating in parents versus kids at every opportunity.  Haha.  But seriously, I think we all had a great time.  Why aren’t family tennis lessons a thing?!

Saturday.  A took Charlie to doggy day care where he’d be spending the weekend and returned with coffee and breakfast.  We packed our suitcases and began our little road trip to Michigan.  I’m not sure why, but the boys were really excited to stop at Denny’s for lunch in Indiana.  Our waitress was really sweet and before we knew it, we were in Michigan.  Total, it was about a 3 hour drive so not bad at all.  The boys were super excited to discover they had their own little room with a bunk bed.  Side note:  A and I debated whether or not we should visit Michigan and then went back and forth about which hotel we should stay at.  Ultimately we decided that the boys would like the bunk beds even though the hotel wasn’t quite as nice as other options.  I’m so glad we chose the one we did because they LOVED the bunk beds.  I pack all the boys clothes and necessities, but they always pack an additional suitcase for their blankies and “stuffies”.  We noticed that W was setting up the top bunk and when we looked at what he did, he had arranged snacks, a travel kit with nail clippers, small scissors, etc., his slippers, his alarm clock, and probably a few other things.  He was prepared!!  No idea who he gets his analytical packing skills from. 😐



We decided to head to the beach.  It was chilly and windy, but we were able to watch the sunset and the boys got to play on the beach playground.  They loved it.  The beach also has an indoor carousel and the boys enjoyed that as well.  We ordered food from the restaurant next to our hotel and called it a day.








Sunday.  W woke up and excitedly announced that he had a loose tooth.  I’m still not sure if it’s actually loose, but he seems convinced.  We headed to lunch at a brewery.  I’d perused the menu beforehand and really wanted to try the food.  It was also packed on Saturday night so I hoped that was a good sign.  The food was awesome!  It was pub food, but better than what you’d usually get.  From there, we went to a nearby apple orchard.  We had fun going on the hay ride, picking apples, and playing at the playground.  On our way out, we bought apple donuts.  It was lots of fun.  We headed back to the hotel for a bit and then grabbed dinner at Silver Beach Pizza.  This was a recommendation and it was a really cute place.  The pizza was ok – not the Chicago style pizza we’re used to.  But the boys were given pizza dough to play with and the restaurant is located along railroad tracks so we had fun watching a freight train go by.









Monday.  We headed back home.  After a few bathroom stops (one in a VERY sketchy part of Indiana where A noticed a gun in some guy’s pocket), we were home.  Several times the boys said they were so sad to leave the hotel and they’ve been asking for bunk beds.



No comments:

Post a Comment