Friday, October 25, 2019

Weekend Recap


I really have no idea where the time goes.  I feel like Christmas will be here before we know it.  Let’s see what I can remember about last weekend…

Friday.  The boys started the next session of their tennis class annnnd I hate it.  Ok, hate is a strong word.  But as soon as we arrived, another mom leaned over and whispered, “I miss Coach Ryan already.”  Not a good sign.  The class is huge – 10 kids for 1 instructor and all the kids are older than the boys.  The instructions were a bit advanced for the boys and I feel like they got nothing out of the lesson.  It was really disappointing since the previous session was through the same company and we all loved it.

Saturday.  Coffee, Juice and breakfast with trivia questions mixed in.  The boys got much needed hair cuts.  And then it was time for Nani and Papa’s surprise 45th anniversary party!  Great food, great company, and I think everyone had a great time.  I also think Nani and Papa were really surprised. 😊  Also, the boys got to play with their cousins, which always makes for a fun (loud) time.  All the kids behaved really well.  We left with really full bellies and a little too much wine (me).






Sunday.  We began our day with church and Starbucks.  W and I took Charlie to the dog park.  He loves going and the people are always so friendly.  Charlie gets to run until he collapses and then he gets belly rubs from anyone and everyone.  After that, we headed to my mom’s house.  The boys had been asking to go to grandma’s for awhile.  They love playing with my brother’s old Legos and cars and it warms my heart.  We ordered pizza and watched football and after a busy weekend, I was grateful that my mom was willing to entertain the boys for a bit.  It’s funny to me that I was really tired out from the party.  The boys, on the other hand, went to bed way way late and still had tons of energy the next day.  Oh, to be young!  A and I finished the weekend catching up on shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment