Monday, June 25, 2018

Lately - In Photos (part 1)


I haven’t been keeping up with the blog for obvious reasons.  I know if I look back on this one day and have a huge gap, it will bother me.  I thought I’d look through the recent photos in my phone and do a quick recap of life lately and then I’ll be somewhat caught up.

A chaperoned the final preschool field trip of the year.  They went to a local beach (Lake Michigan) state park.  A sent these photos to me of W standing near the shore and throwing rocks into the lake.  I love how serene it appears.



 A and I went to a Cubs game Memorial Day weekend.  With everything going on, it was such a blessing to escape for a little adult time cheering on our favorite team.  And the Cubbies won!  Afterwards, we met the boys and Nani and Papa for pizza – such a fun day.


 The boys don’t usually get their hair washed when they get a haircut.  The stylist typically just wets their hair and then cuts it.  On this day, the assistant asked W if he’d like his hair washed and he agreed.  His face was priceless and I couldn’t stop laughing.  He now understands that relaxing feeling having someone else wash your hair and I think he’ll be requesting a shampoo for all future haircuts.



Love this doggy.


 Our weather has not been very summer like – seems like it’s either chilly or rainy.  But when it has been nice, the boys have taken full advantage. 






We celebrated National Donut Day with Donuts... and donut moccs.



The last day of preschool!!  This was huge.  W’s last day of preschool EVER.  I now have a kindergartener… whaaaa!!  And S completed his first year of preschool.  This was the toughest school year for so many reasons and I know I’ve complained about it before.  It was extremely stressful for me with two different drop off times, two different pick up times, scheduling meetings around those times, and working full time.  I’m so thankful for a somewhat flexible job.  But my goodness, it was tough.  Completing this school year was such a relief.  While next year will bring its own set of challenges, I’m just happy we survived this year.  I absolutely love the kids is W’s class and have become friends with some of their parents – I’m so sad our kids won’t be in the same class next year, but I do hope we’ll keep in touch.  I should also mention that the boys are thriving.  S amazed me – from day one, I was able to drop him off with no tears.  He counts, he speaks incredibly well, and he’s really darn funny.  W has been requesting to do math worksheets for fun?!?  And he’s beginning to read.  I’m so proud of both of them.







Pride Month - supporting our LGBTQ friends. And making sure my boys know they can be whomever they are meant to be.  I'll always love them.



To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment