Friday, October 12, 2018

Friday Thoughts


W’s first Kindergarten field trip is today and of course it’s the coldest day we’ve had since April.  He’s headed to a farm and I think he’ll still have a great time despite the chilly temperatures.  I can’t believe how quickly he’s growing and learning – he’s started to read, continues to improve on his writing, and excels at math.  I love all the projects he comes home with and I especially love hearing about his day.

I’ve been listening to Ed Sheeran nonstop since we attended his concert last week – I just love him!!  Can’t get enough.  I already want to attend another concert!

Speaking of, last week A and I attended a concert and a gala.  My mom watched the boys both nights and upon realizing this, her next door neighbor commented that A and I lead quite an exciting life.  BAHAHAHA... BAHAHAHA.  It was the first concert we attended in a year and the first gala we attended EVER – they just happened to be days apart.  I wish our lives were that exciting – I could definitely get used to more concerts and fancy galas!

I’m heading to Boston next week for a conference and I’ll be gone for 5.5 days – it will be the longest I’ve been away from the boys in over a year and I’m really nervous about leaving them.  I’ll miss them like crazy.  Not to mention, I lay out the school clothes, prepare the lunches, pack up backpacks, and do the school drop offs.  A can definitely do these things – I just feel bad adding to his tasks.  I’ve already told them they need to call me every night (am I becoming a helicopter parent??).  On the bright side, A will be joining me for the final 2 days and I’m excited to explore the city with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment