Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Weekend Recap


Oh this weekend – I feel like we had the best of intentions and things just backfired.

Let’s start with Friday.  We had planned to take the boys to the amusement park, but it was chilly and sprinkling.  Instead we headed to my mom’s house and ordered pizza.  Susana was able to join us and it was great to catch up with her.

Saturday, I had gotten free tickets to a children’s play.  The boys like the Elephant (Gerald) and Piggie books and the play centered around the Elephant and Piggie characters.  We left early for the play, but the tickets listed a different theater than where the show was.  I think the correct theater was actually listed in an email, but I only printed off the email with the ticket info.  So we went to the wrong place first and ended up being late to the play.  Once we got there, W was interested in the play, but S was not.  Instead, S searched the diaper bag and found toy cars, which he dropped about 27 times, kept telling me he was hungry and asking for food, found his cup and dropped that at least twice, continually hopped off his seat making it spring back up.  On our way out, S bumped into a sign and knocked if over and then started crying in the parking lot because I wouldn’t take him to the bathroom even though he is not potty trained and A had offered to take him to the bathroom.  SO that was tons of fun. 

We decided to grab lunch afterwards.  Naturally, the boys wanted to go to different restaurants and proceeded to argue and fight in the car.  At this point, I was ready to just go home.  We finally made our way to Red Robin where I had a free appetizer coupon.  Yay.  Lunch was ok from what I remember. 

We then decided to head to the amusement park.  We changed S before entering the park, walked through the parking lot, and got in line to enter.  While in line, S announced he had to poop.  Great.  I told him to hold it for a couple minutes and we’d find a bathroom.  2 seconds later, he announced “too late!”.  Then W had to go to the bathroom.  A took S all the way back to the car since we didn’t bring the diaper bag with us – because you know we had literally just changed him.  W and I found a ride and then he had to go to the bathroom again.  What. The. Heck?  S and A made it back into the park.  We all went on the carousel and the boys went on a couple kids' rides.  After that, S announced he pooped.  Again.  We went on one more ride.  The boys couldn’t leave each other alone and proceeded to grab and push each other in line.  I don’t know what was with them, but I was so done.  We grabbed popcorn and a pretzel for W and quickly left.  Ugh.






Sunday was our usual.  We stopped at the grocery store and S asked if he could buy flowers for grandma.  I couldn't say no.  My mom and Susana came over for the football game.  We had chicken wings and chili so at least those were yummy.



We definitely had some fun moments throughout the weekend, but there were plenty of challenging moments as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment