Monday, October 8, 2018

Weekend Recap


So last week, I found out I was passed over for a promotion.  Again.  I have an entire post written about this – mainly for me because I needed to write down everything that has happened.  Suffices to say I was extremely disappointed.

Wednesday, I got a text from my friend, Lauren, inviting us to a gala.  She and her husband had been gifted a table at the event and it supported a local domestic violence shelter.  I think my text back to her was something like, “you’re saying a night without kids, I get to be fancy and drink cocktails, and it’s for a good cause?!?  I’m there.  But let me double check with the husband.”  And then I texted A something like “can we go pretty please??  I want to be fancy!”.  He obliged, but we needed to find a baby-sitter.  A said he’d ask Jane the following day.

Thursday, I decided to head to the new Nordstrom Rack on my lunch break to see if I could find a dress.  The only appropriate fancy dress I had was one I had worn to a wedding - the last “fancy” event I attended.  And as silly as it sounds, I didn’t want to wear the same dress two times in a row – though I’d be in the company of a completely different group of people.  I found exactly one dress, but I couldn’t zip it.  I sent a photo to my most fashionable coworker asking if I should get it.  She liked it and when I told her it was $30 she said I had to get it.  Later that afternoon, A let me know that Jane wasn’t available.

A and I were attending the Ed Sheeran concert that night.  I left work a little early and it took me over an hour to get home.  Ugh.  S was sick all of a sudden.  I arrived with the dress in hand and my mom asked what was going on.  I explained that we had been invited to a gala, but the dress would be going back because we didn’t have a baby-sitter and S was sick anyway.  She offered to watch the boys even though she was already watching them that night while we attended the concert and even though S was a coughing mess.  She’s a lifesaver and I owe her big time.

It took us 3!!! hours to get to the concert.  Traffic was just awful, there were accidents on the way.  We missed the opening acts, which I wasn’t too disappointed about.  It just seemed like one setback after another all day.  BUT.  We made it in time for Ed and he was amazing.  I think it was the best concert I’ve ever attended.  I really love going to concerts with A and I’m already thinking about our next one.  So after a rough day (which also included the promotion announcement that I was not on), I was thankful for a fun night. 





Friday, I took the day off because I knew we would be home really late Thursday night (or Friday) morning.  S didn’t have school and it was rainy so we stayed in and watched too much tv, read books, etc.  It was W’s last day of being the Star Student of the Week and as such, he got to choose a special reader to come in to school.  He chose my mom and she happily accepted – she LOVES reading books aloud.  When I picked them both up from school, my mom said she had the best time and W was quite popular with the girls.  I guess they had all given him a hug when he left for the day.  Bahaha.

Saturday, the boys were crazy and it was clear they needed to get out of the house.  It was rainy yet again, but I decided to take them to the farm just down the street.  We wore our rain boots and enjoyed feeding the animals and going on a hay ride.











Soon enough, it was time to head to the gala.  I ended up knowing 3 of the 4 other couples at the table and we had such a great time.  Cocktails, a yummy dinner, a raffle, and great company – all for an amazing cause.  So thankful Lauren invited us.




Sunday was our usual.  It rained AGAIN so we stayed in.  Hoping for a better week ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment