Monday, September 24, 2018

Weekend Recap


We are taking full advantage of weekends and trying to squeeze in all the fall activities!!  This weekend was no different.  After I got a haircut on Saturday, we headed to a local corn maze along with Nani, Papa, and my mom.  Are corn mazes just a Midwest thing?  Assuming they are.  Anyway, with the exception of last year, we’ve gone to this corn maze for the past 10ish years or so?  We always have fun.  A is amazing at navigating through the maze – I just follow along.  We always have apple donuts.  The past few years, we’ve brought a wagon for the boys and it wasn’t easy pulling that wagon over the uneven terrain in the maze.  With both boys a bit older, we didn’t need the wagon and it was SO MUCH easier!!  This was probably my favorite maze year to date because the boys were super into it.  A or Papa would lead the way and the boys would often run ahead to find the check point.  It was as if they thought they were leading us through the maze.  W was awesome at finding all the numbered check points on his map.  We navigated the maze for over 2 hours and it wasn’t until the very end that the boys mentioned they were getting tired.  I was so impressed.  Once we finished, the boys picked out popcorn.  S was overly excited about his cheese popcorn.  In keeping with tradition, we headed to a nearby restaurant on a lake and watched the sunset as we ate dinner.  Such a fun afternoon/evening!  I thought for sure the boys would fall asleep on the way home, but no.  Also, S insisted on sleeping with his cheese popcorn.










Sunday was our usual.  The boys were a bit crazy (loud) at church and Starbucks.  I was so tired and once we got home, I tried to lay on the couch for a bit.  I think I fell asleep for about 5 minutes and when W noticed, he woke me up by beating on his toy drum.  How thoughtful.  We attempted to watch football and baseball – always a losing effort with kids, but on the bright side, our teams won.  The boys made a mess of the house.  I made dinner.  And that was our weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment