Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Weekend Recap

I always have such a hard time returning to work after a holiday weekend!  And long weekends always seem to go so quickly!!  Boo.

Friday, a couple of my work friends took me out to my favorite Mexican restaurant for a belated birthday lunch.  The food was so so yummy and I couldn’t get enough of the guacamole – delicious!!  I got out of work a little early and we headed to my mom’s for our usual Friday night pizza.  I didn’t eat much because I was still stuffed from lunch.  Still a fun evening.

Saturday, we took my mom out for an early birthday lunch.  We decided to introduce her to W’s favorite: Cheddars.  Not exactly fancy, but my mom didn’t seem to mind.  


Once we got home, we decided to get out the fall decorations.  My favorite!  While I worked on the decorating, A headed to the grocery store.  We finished with decorations before A returned and the boys wanted to play outside.  It had rained most of the morning and there was finally a break in the rain.  The boys rode on their favorite scooters.  






At one point, S hit a bump and flew forward.  I knew it didn’t look good and ran towards him.  He had bit his lip hard and there was blood everywhere.  Poor guy.  I took him in to get him cleaned up and tried to convince him to have a popsicle, but he was completely inconsolable.  He finally calmed down and decided to lay on the couch to watch some video.  He was soon asleep.  It was only 5:30 and A and I debated if we should wake him or put him to bed and anticipate an early wake up.  We tried waking him, but he was not happy and just fell back asleep.  To bed he went.  Of course, right around 10:30, thunderstorms rolled through and S woke up.  A offered to go console him and ended up sleeping in his room most of the night.  Another round of storms came through at about 3:30 waking us up again.



Sunday, the usual church and Starbucks routine in the morning.  Our friends and their three girls came over in the afternoon to visit Franklin and Theo and have lunch with us.  Lots of good food and it was great to catch up.  All five kids played really well together and it was such a fun afternoon.




Monday, we went to A’s parents’ house for a fantasy football draft party.  Pizza, cake, and play time with cousins made for a fun afternoon.  Unfortunately, it was rainy again.  I've had enough rain!!


No comments:

Post a Comment