Friday, August 31, 2018

Friday Thoughts


Two weeks of school completed!  I’m getting used to waking up even earlier.  W is doing great.  Yesterday, he mentioned that he sat at a table with first graders during lunch and one of the first graders told him he should go and sit with the other kindergartners.  It broke my heart a little – W has never been very social with other kids.  And really, he seems to get along better with older children.  On the bright side, he didn’t seem to mind very much and just commented that it wasn’t a very nice thing to say.  His only complaint is attending school for a full day is a long time.  But he’s also said that he wishes school was on Saturdays and Sundays.  I don’t expect that sentiment to last, but I’m incredibly proud of him.  Starting a new school where you know no one is tough – especially for a shy kiddo.

Also! I love making his lunch!!  Another thing that I don’t expect to last very long (ha!), but right now I have so much fun choosing items (a limited selection since W is very picky) and arranging them in the bento box.

S also loves school.  I can usually find him on the tire swing with a group of friends or trying to master some sort of tricycle.  The only thing he’s struggling with is potty training.  One of my least favorite things in the world and to be honest, I haven’t been pushing it (but I should).  In all other aspects, he’s doing amazingly well.

Franklin and Theo are still lots of fun, but very mischievous.  They knock over drinks, bite at toes and electrical cords, and have even managed to turn the oven on twice!!  Hopefully, they don’t burn the house down.  Franklin makes a habit of biting at my legs and feet in the morning for attention – if you have any advice on how to put an end to this, I’m all ears.  It drives me crazy.  I’m thinking I’ll try a spray bottle.  Aside from their mischievous behavior, they can be sweet and cuddly and W is still smitten.




S makes me laugh every day.  That boy is a clever one.  He recently asked what I thought he should be for Halloween – a garbage truck, a semi truck, or a big French fry.  Bahaha.  On Mondays and Wednesdays, he comes with me to drop W off at school and loves getting in the “car line”.  We stop at Starbucks afterwards to kill time and he’ll get an apple juice while I get coffee.  Wednesday, he asked if he could bring his juice into school.  I told him no.  He then asked, “how come the teachers can bring their coffee, but I can’t bring my apple juice?”.  I thought that was impressive reasoning for a three year old.  Yikes.  I foresee a few battles in our future.

I’m so looking forward to a 3-day weekend.  We have plans to get together with family and friends and it should be fun despite a rainy forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment