Monday, August 13, 2018

Introducing...


Our family is growing by eight paws!!  We’re so excited!!

During my birthday dinner, A and I started talking about how much we miss Addie.  I even got teary during dinner – I just miss her immensely.  A explained that he wasn’t ready for another dog, which I completely understand.  I’m not sure I’m ready either.  And A did most of the work – taking Addie out all the time, taking her to the vet, etc.  But then A said he would be ok with adopting a cat.  I had been saying that I wanted both a cat and a dog at some point so I was super excited.  I had been following a few different rescue groups/shelters in the area and had fallen in love with an orange kitten.  We like to name our pets after Cubs/baseball players/characteristics (hence Addison Ivy = Addie).  I also have an affinity for orange kitties.  So anyway, a local rescue group posted a picture of a little orange ball of fluff name Franklin.  Franklin!!  I loved the name, both because Franklin is a company that makes baseball gear and he’s a character in Charlie Brown - which is the only show/movie that both boys have watched and liked.  I also thought the name was super cute without its connections to baseball or Peanuts characters.  It just seemed like Franklin was meant for us. J

The following day, we filled out an application to adopt Franklin and then we waited.  We were supposed to hear back within 24-48 hours.  24 hours came and went and I was disappointed.  Had he already been adopted?  Were we deemed not a good fit?  And a small part of me felt like “gosh, I can’t even adopt a cat without being rejected and disappointed” and then I told myself not to be so dramatic. ;)  At the 48 hour mark, A’s phone rang.  We talked with the adoption coordinator and all was well until she threw us a “curve ball”.  She asked if we’d consider adopting two cats.  Another one wouldn’t be that much more work according to her, Franklin had a couple brothers, and that way, he’d have a companion.  I looked at A.  It was totally fine with my animal loving heart and I grew up with multiple cats.  A said it was fine.  Yay!!

After the phone call, we told the boys and they were both really excited about our new family members.

So.  Without further ado, introducing Franklin Clark and Theodore Banks (all names tied to baseball/the Chicago Cubs) or Frankie and Theo for short.








1 comment: