Monday, August 27, 2018

Weekend Recap


We survived the first week of school!  This week is the real deal because there are no more half days.  W attends for a full day AND takes the bus home.  Everyone has warned me that he’ll be exhausted and cranky by the time he gets home.  I’m prepared for the worst.  S is never ready to leave school – he just wants to keep playing outside with his friends.

We had a good weekend.  Friday, we met at my mom’s house for pizza as we’ve been doing lately.  Always a good time!  The boys enjoyed driving around the neighborhood in their Jeep.

S's face... hahahaha.  Not so sure about big brother's driving.


Saturday, I headed to the salon for a pedicure.  I had gotten a gift certificate for my birthday and left it at home… boo!  I guess that just means a free pedicure next time.  But it was so relaxing and I’m enjoying my navy blue toes. J  We headed to Andrew’s parents’ house (aka Nani and Papa’s) in the afternoon to celebrate Nani’s birthday.  We had a yummy lunch and the boys enjoyed playing with cousins.

Sunday was our usual.  We attended mass at our new church and I let the boys bring some toy cars and toy garbage cans to keep them occupied.  S snuck some tongs into the diaper bag, which he pretends are a garbage truck arm.  I noticed a few odd looks.  S would occasionally chatter and the cars and garbage cans would occasionally make a noise, but it was nothing too loud or distracting – just typical little kid noise.  At one point, the woman in front of us shushed the boys.  I was shocked and appalled.  I told A that I felt like we didn’t fit in at this church.  At our other church, everyone knows us and adores the boys.  Definitely a different experience.  Hopefully, this was just a fluke, but I’ve always felt a bit out of place at the new church – it’s the same place I was previously asked if I was a house wife.  What?!?  On the bright side, I saw my very first boss (well, first boss at a real job).  I had no idea he attended the same church.  Small world!

In other news, I’m determined to be healthier.  I'm really unhappy with the way I look at the moment.  I was doing so well walking/running on the treadmill nearly every day at the start of the year.  When my brother got sick, I stopped.  After he passed away, I had zero motivation; I was just consumed with sadness.  But I feel like I'm ready to reclaim myself and I'm determined to be happy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment