Friday, August 3, 2018

Stitch Fix #20


It’s been way too long since I’ve done a Stitch Fix post.  And truth be told, I can’t even remember when I got this Fix – sometime in June.  It was my 20th Fix!!  While I love Stitch Fix, I haven’t really felt like I needed new clothes (I bought a few dresses from Old Navy and Loft earlier in the summer and recently found a few fall items during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale) so I haven’t been scheduling Stitch Fix deliveries.

The first item I tried was this Market & Spruce Penny Cotton Embroidered Eyelet dress.  At first glance, I really liked it.  The entire dress was made up of thicker embroidered material and I love navy blue.  While I liked the pattern/style, there was absolutely no give to the dress.  It just felt confining (snug) and impractical for outings with the boys.  I also didn’t think it was very flattering on so I decided to send it back. RETURN


Items two and three where the Q & A Barahona Lattice Detail blouse and Just Black Lane Skinny jeans.  My initial impression of the top was ehh.  But once I put it on, I thought it was really cute.  I liked the style and colors and thought it could be a great work top, but was also casual enough for weekends.  It was light and flowy.  I really loved these white jeans.  They fit well, had the right amount of stretch, weren’t see through, and just great overall.  BUT.  I rarely wear white jeans because KIDS.  When I do wear them, it’s usually a day in which I’m heading into the office.  I already have one pair and just didn’t see a need for another.  However, if you’re in the market for a high quality pair of white jeans, I definitely recommend these.  KEEP, RETURN



The fourth item tried on was this Market & Spruce Caitria Tulip Sleeve blouse.  This was just ok.  I didn’t love the pattern or the tulip sleeves.  The fit wasn’t perfect.  I tend to gravitate to florals, but this floral pattern just didn’t wow me.  RETURN



Finally, the Collective Concepts Eayers Embroidered Cold Shoulder top.  I know cold shoulder tops are on trend, but I hate them.  While I think they look cute on others, they’re just not for me.  I’ve decided I have slopey shoulders (lol) so straps often fall down and I really have no desire to highlight my shoulders.  I did like the seersucker material and embroidered flowers, but absolutely hated the fit/style.  This was a definite NO.  Goodbye.  RETURN



Only one item kept this time so my wallet is happy. J

No comments:

Post a Comment