Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Weekend Recap

I'm a little late on the weekend recap, but I don't have much to report.  It just keeps snowing around here and I am so OVER IT.  Enough already.

I came down with a cold towards the end of the week.  It wasn't bad at all, but it did make me really tired and fatigued.  So I spent much of the weekend being lazy.  I couldn't get to bed early enough and I couldn't sleep long enough.  Luckily, I'm better now so it was just a quick bug (thankfully!).  The guys caught it too, but so far everyone is ok.

The boys had swim lessons on Saturday.  These are working out really well.  The boys enjoy the lesson and it's a great way to burn some energy until we can play outside again (seems like that will never happen!).

One of the weekend days, I came downstairs to find A and W playing chess.  Cutest thing ever.

S is officially potty trained.  It took forever and lots of bribes.  It wasn't that he couldn't, it was that he didn't want to.  And I kept waiting and thinking he'd figure it out.  I think I'm a pretty decent mom for the most part, EXCEPT when it comes to potty training.  I just hate it.  So I'm happy we're done with that phase.  An added bonus to waiting so long is that S is actually potty trained through the night too.  He wakes up dry, which is awesome.  So I can officially stop buying diapers!

A had jury duty this week (heehee), but he ended up not getting picked and leaving the courthouse around noon yesterday.  He asked if I wanted to grab lunch.  Work hasn't exactly been my favorite place to be lately so I was excited to head out.  Our quick little lunch date was a good reminder that we need more time together.  The last time we had a date was on New Year's Eve and it was a quick lunch.  He also bought me clearance Valentine SweetTarts and I can't stop eating them!!  A, if you're reading this, send more SweetTarts!!  Actually, don't because the amount of sweets I've been eating in comparison to time spent on the treadmill is just plain depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment