Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Work Travel


I didn’t mean to disappear.  I had to travel for work last week and had such mixed feelings about the trip.  On one hand, I was really excited for the opportunity to visit Ireland (number one on my bucket list – followed by Italy if you’re wondering) and also meet my colleagues at the Dublin office.  But on the other hand, the work trip meant I was away for S’s birthday and I was feeling extremely guilty and sad.  I also had to travel to Wales for a meeting with a clinical manufacturing company.  The meeting coincided with their production schedule and couldn’t be moved.

Anyway, the trip went really well and I appreciate the opportunity, but I’m happy to be home.

Yesterday, I learned that my boss put in for a promotion for me only to have it denied by the VP of our group.  He apparently holds me responsible for an FDA response we received over a year ago.  I have no problem taking the blame when I’m at fault, but this one isn’t on me.  Not to mention, it was a year ago.  It’s just another pathetic excuse and a reminder that while work trips can be nice, they don’t make up for being treated poorly.  I’m still looking for another opportunity - hopefully with a company that values my contributions and allows me to progress.


So how about a few pictures?  While I really enjoyed Dublin, I’m itching to see other parts of Ireland.  I definitely plan to return!

DUBLIN











Coordinated with the airplane!
 NORTH WALES









No comments:

Post a Comment