Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Weekend Recap


I feel like I’m partially to blame for all the snow and cold.  Not so long ago I thought, “this winter has been relatively mild – not too much snow, it hasn’t been that cold…”  Don’t tempt Mother Nature, people.  She’ll fight back hard.  Monday, all the guys had a snow day thanks to the 7ish inches of snow we received on top of the foot we already had.  Luckily Mondays are a work from home day for me.  School is closed Wednesday (tomorrow) and so is my office (but I have to work from home – boo) because temperatures are not expected to reach higher than -11 with a low of -21.  That’s the actual AIR temperature.  The guys also have no school on Thursday as the high temperature for that day is -3.  Holy moly.

Anyway, our weekend was somewhat busy.  Friday, we were told to work from home because it was so cold.  I won’t argue with that.  We had to take the kittens to the vet for a check-up that evening.  Franklin and Theo are 7 months old now, but I think they’re still kittens?  The vet tech loved them.  They are very social cats and she couldn’t get enough of their cuddles.  Afterwards, we picked up pizza and headed home.



Saturday, S woke up way too early AGAIN.  We grabbed lunch and attended a memorial service for my Great Uncle who passed away a couple months ago.  My kids are 6 and almost 4 and they’ve attended at least 5 memorial services, probably more.  It makes me sad.

Sunday, we went to church and then walked over to W’s school for a pancake breakfast and Open House.  We visited W’s classroom and oh my gosh, they do the cutest projects.  Puffy paint bears, igloos, penguins.  On one of the projects, the students listed their favorite thing to do at school.  The majority said playing, seeing friends, free time, etc.  W’s said doing math.  Yes!!  I really love his teacher and it always catches me off guard when she refers to me as Mrs. W.  Haha.  We are really struggling with where to send S for preschool next year.  It turns out that the 3 full day preschool program at W’s school we were considering is already completely full with kids who are already in the 3 year old class and had early registration.  We are leaning towards keeping S at his current preschool, which I love, but we’ll be left with the same challenge of finding someone to watch him during the afternoons.  Ugh.  It's never easy.  This will be the last year we need someone to watch him so hoping things work out.

Sunday afternoon, I went to a dear friend’s house for a hot cocoa party.  I wasn’t really sure what to expect, but it was the cutest.  We each made several different hot cocoa mixes: raspberry, peanut butter, chai, mocha, gingerbread, peppermint, and more and then taste tested them.  So so fun!!  I brought home three different mixes to keep me warm on these chilly days.




No comments:

Post a Comment