Tuesday, January 8, 2019

A Case of the Mondays


I think yesterday was the Mondayest Monday I’ve ever experienced.  It was the boys’ first day back to school after Winter Break.  I jumped out of bed at 5am and made sure I had backpacks ready, lunches packed, clothes selected, etc.  We were doing great.  And then I opened the mud room door and realized (smelled) that one of the cats had peed somewhere.  Gross.  Cat pee might be the worst smell ever.  I will also pause here to say if any of you are cat experts, I’m open to suggestions.  We have two litter boxes that get cleaned daily and I thought we were doing well, but every once in awhile the cats will pee outside their box.  It drives me INSANE.  So I cleaned that up, found an air freshener, and we were off.  Only we weren’t off because I didn’t have my key and had to run back inside.  After two drop offs, I was working at home and felt cold.  Checked the thermostat and realized it was only 65 degrees in the house, though the thermostat was set to 70.  I’ll spare the other boring details, but it was clear our furnace wasn’t working properly.  Great.  Picked up S from school and he asked for McD’s.  I said no, but then he told me he’d gone potty twice at school (something we’ve struggled with) so I said as a reward, we’d grab McD’s for lunch.  I arrived at the restaurant only to realize I’d left my wallet at home.  Fail.  I sent my coworker a message asking IS THE WEEK OVER YET?? - it was only 12:30pm on Monday.  But here’s the thing that was very clear to me…  Were all of these events annoying and frustrating?  Sure.  And in the past, a day like this would have really thrown me for a loop.  But not anymore.  At the end of the day, the mud room was clean, the furnace was fixed, and S had his McDs.  I can handle annoying and frustrating.  I can’t handle any more tragic events in the form of miscarriages, lost loved ones, and lost pets.  In a weird way, I was grateful for the annoying and frustrating.

Our weekend was mostly uneventful and mainly included errands.  It was nice to have some downtime before the boys returned to school.  W has been super into games lately and I think we played about 30 rounds of Uno with a couple rounds of Memory thrown in.  I was also reminded why we have our groceries delivered and avoid the store at all costs (looking at you, S!).  We watched our Bears lose… I’m still bummed!!  But we did enjoy drumsticks made in the air fryer and spinach and artichoke dip made in the instant pot – we’re really loving our new gadgets!!



One other exciting thing I need to mention – A received his Afflovest and has been doing extra vest sessions!!  Since it’s portable, he’s able to use it in the morning while making breakfast and preparing for the day ahead.  I already mentioned it, but I’m so so excited about this vest and the flexibility it allows!!


No comments:

Post a Comment