Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Weekend Recap


Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow…

We had a winter storm warning and snow was predicted to fall Friday night through Saturday morning.  We had no weekend plans aside from our usual errands and I had visions of sleeping in, awaking to a beautiful snowfall, and sitting across from the fire place enjoying a cup of coffee while the boys played quietly with their toys or read a book.  Let’s all just have a good laugh at that unrealistic vision.  Hey, a girl can dream.  S awoke at 5:45 Saturday morning for no good reason and remained a cranky terror for the remainder of the day.  There were two cups of coffee, but they were not consumed quietly while enjoying a fire.  Rather they were guzzled in between time outs and talking tos.  Instead of sitting under a blanket easing into the morning, A and I worked on cleaning the filters and jets on our bathtub (so so gross) and playing about 15 rounds of Memory with W.  The boys did venture out at one point, but it’s been really cold (single digit temps) and they only lasted about 30 minutes.

Sunday, we ventured out of the house for church, Starbucks, and grocery shopping.  At least S slept a bit longer and was in a better mood.  A made a prime rib for dinner – the first time he’s ever attempted to cook one and it was so yummy.

Monday, we all had the day off for MLK Jr. Day.  It was the first time I can recall having the day off.  Unlike Saturday, I did get to ease into the morning a bit.  S wanted to watch Paw Patrol so we cuddled on the couch while I had my coffee and W slept in.  A headed out to get a haircut, only to find out the barber shop was closed, but brought home coffee and juice.  That afternoon, we headed to a basketball game at my high school.  The boys had never been to a basketball game before and to my surprise, W really seemed to enjoy it.  S was bored, but he’s still 3 and I wasn’t expecting him to be very interested.





Most of the weekend was spent in comfy clothes with my hair up.  It was nice not to have to go anywhere.  We cooked a couple meals in the IP (love that thing!), cleaned and worked on things around the house, played games, and A and I even watched a movie.  I’m kind of hoping for another snow storm so we can have a repeat – but not until later February, please.  This girl has a few busy weekends coming up. :)

In other news, I met with a financial adviser today.  It was incredibly stressful and scary.  Talking about finances with anyone (even my husband) gives me major anxiety.  I consider myself a smart girl, but 401Ks and investments make me want to run far, far away.  And apparently save some money, but never say no to sale shoes is not the best retirement plan... who knew?!?  The finance guy did say I was still young, which made me want to hug him so there's that.  Though he probably wasn't impressed when he asked what age I wanted to retire and I just laughed and said, "Ummm... is retirement even an option?"  We'll see where this goes.  Apparently I'm complicated enough to need more than one meeting.  To be determined...

Finally, in other random news, I'm determined to walk on the treadmill again multiple times a week.  To keep myself going, I started listening to the Up and Vanished podcast - I find it fascinating!

No comments:

Post a Comment