Friday, January 11, 2019

Friday Thoughts


We survived the first week back to school, but holy moly, it was busy!

On Wednesday, I had a school board meeting.  It lasted 6 hours and I finally pulled into my driveway at 12:06am.  I get up at 5am so Thursday was definitely a rough day.  While this has proven to be a much bigger time commitment than I anticipated, it’s been a very rewarding experience and has sparked my interest in becoming more involved with education (particularly in low income communities) from an administrative perspective.  It seems unlikely that S will return to this preschool next year and I’m extremely sad about it.  The preschool only has half day classes and I definitely don’t want the same baby-sitter we have this year.  As a result, we will probably choose a preschool that offers a full day class.  I’m still hoping we can find a way to make the current preschool work for us, but preparing to make the switch.

On Thursday, W had his first chess club meeting (is meeting the correct word??).  My kindergartner is in the chess club and also does his homework on the bus (which is no longer than a 10 minute ride – ha).  Since I consider myself a nerd, I think his nerdlike tendencies are adorable. J

S is obsessed with Paw Patrol.  It’s the first time either of my boys has been super into a show.  They would watch various cartoons before, but nothing comes close to the Paw Patrol love.  As an early birthday treat for S, A and I are taking the boys to Paw Patrol Live tomorrow.  They have no idea and I hope they’ll enjoy it.

In other news, just when you think our President can’t get any worse, he shuts down the government and throws a tantrum over a wall.  So. Over. It.

No comments:

Post a Comment