Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Moved In


We moved into our new house over the weekend.  It was a longer and slower process than expected.  I always seem to have this vision of things going perfectly and smoothly.  The movers were great, but there were more boxes than anticipated and they had to disassemble our bed, the crib, and a day bed, which resulted in taking a lot more time than originally planned.  And that resulted in a higher cost than planned.  BUT it all worked out in the end.  And I LOVE our new house.  Love it.  I’m excited for our Christmases and family time and watching our children grow.  But before all that, there are about a million boxes to unpack, painting to be completed, and lots of decorating.  Whew.  I’m exhausted just thinking about it.  And it’s been a little frustrating to want to charge your phone, but have no idea what box your cord is in or want your favorite necklace, but have no idea where that wound up.  I’m such a creature of habit.  I know it will all come together eventually.

And W is NOT a fan of unpacking.  I try to do a little each day when I’m not at work, but W wants my full attention.  I was working on something in his room yesterday and in a short time, he sent his xylophone flying down our beautiful hard wood stair case (cringe), dumped out a box of letters, and ripped pages in his book.  While in the kitchen, he dumped out an entire jar of spices, pulled things out of the garbage, and tripped and hit his head (3 times – hard wood floors are pretty, but not toddler friendly).  Also, he can open all the doors in the house since we have handles now and not knobs.  No bueno.  So unpacking with a toddler = mission impossible.  And I should add, he’s FAST.  It’s not like I’m leaving him unsupervised for long periods of time (or ever).

Finally, I need to mention our families.  They helped us tremendously.  Packing and unpacking, cleaning, and bringing dinner.  I don’t know what we’d do without them.  And our friends stopped by with dinner last night too.  Much appreciated when you are still in need of a grill and have little space for preparing a meal seeing as the kitchen is covered in boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment